Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mistake getting back with ex? Watch

My ex broke up with me a year ago and recently he said he wanted to get back with me. During that time I'd kindof moved on and had interests in other new boys but still had feelings for my ex so I thought I'd see how it goes and it's been a few weeks now. I'm enjoying finally having him back to myself but I don't know if it's just me getting a short term fix.

Now that I know he is capable of dumping me so easily (we didn't break up over anything in particular he just wasnt feeling it) I've started thinking surely he's bound to do it again soon.
    He also caused me a lot of heartbreak and I still find myself thinking about the break up all the time.

That being said, after going through the breakup and realising there are plenty of other guys out there, I've found myself thinking about other guys. guys who I fancy physically/sexually more. However there isn't anyone I've met since knowing him that I'd rather date.

Should I end things? I so want it to work out and be perfect but I feel like maybe the damage has been done? Even if I do end things, I'll still be heartbroken that I can't have him and think about him 24/7 even if I know it's right.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.