Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking really far in advance because I want to do an masters in English at Oxford but I'm worried that if I end up going to somewhere like Nottingham or Birmingham for my BA rather than a top, top uni that I won't have any chance of getting in.

I'm applying for Oxford this year - I'm in year 13 doing 2018 entry. I don't know if I'll get in but I'm determined to do an MA there.

Essentially, am I ruining my chances of going to Oxford eventually if I go to somewhere like Notts or Birmingham now?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by lowza)
    I'm thinking really far in advance because I want to do an masters in English at Oxford but I'm worried that if I end up going to somewhere like Nottingham or Birmingham for my BA rather than a top, top uni that I won't have any chance of getting in.

I'm applying for Oxford this year - I'm in year 13 doing 2018 entry. I don't know if I'll get in but I'm determined to do an MA there.

Essentially, am I ruining my chances of going to Oxford eventually if I go to somewhere like Notts or Birmingham now?
    Makes very little difference.

(A postgrad at Oxford is an MSt or MPhil or DPhil)

ReputationRep:
    During the interview stage, I befriended a physics PhD student who had attended Edinburgh for her BSc but got into Oxford for her MA and PhD.

I hope that answers your question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Makes very little difference.

(A postgrad at Oxford is an MSt or MPhil or DPhil)
    And to make things even more confusing there are the "bachelor" postgrad courses too, just because Oxford likes to be awkward.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.