Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    i will be starting a new job next week, i graduated this year, do i need to let student finance know about it? it's a part time job but i'm not sure if that makes a difference
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by tgwktm)
    i will be starting a new job next week, i graduated this year, do i need to let student finance know about it? it's a part time job but i'm not sure if that makes a difference
    Hi tgwktm,

There's more information about repayments on The Student Room here and on the Student Loans Company website here.

If you’re studying or studied a full-time course, you’ll start repaying your loan the April after you finish your course.
    If you’re studying or studied a part-time course, you’ll start repaying:

- the April four years after the start of your course,
    - or the April after you finish or leave your course,

whichever comes first.

Whether you are part time or full time your employer takes repayments directly from your salary if it is over the threshold of £21,000 a year, £1,750 a month or £404 a week.

Regards,

Stuart
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Stuart SFE)
    Hi tgwktm,

There's more information about repayments on The Student Room here and on the Student Loans Company website here.

If you’re studying or studied a full-time course, you’ll start repaying your loan the April after you finish your course.
    If you’re studying or studied a part-time course, you’ll start repaying:

- the April four years after the start of your course,
    - or the April after you finish or leave your course,

whichever comes first.

Whether you are part time or full time your employer takes repayments directly from your salary if it is over the threshold of £21,000 a year, £1,750 a month or £404 a week.

Regards,

Stuart
    its only a part time job at tesco so doesn't reach those thresholds for repayment but do i need to tell about a new job anyway or update it on my sfe account anyway?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.