Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Would be grateful if any of you could answer any of the following about the University of Bristol since it will be one of my choices?

1) What is the Bristol maths course like?
    2) What is the social life for students going to the uni / living in the city like?
    3) The best uni accommodations in terms of proximity to the uni, social life and attractiveness of the buildings/local area?

Cheers.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Lots of smelly hippies in the town center playing instruments and drinking when it's sunny.

Even when it's cloudy lol.

Pretty much every time I drive past down the A38 theres some smelly hippies doing something random.

ReputationRep:
    I can't speak to the Maths course from experience, but I have a lot of peers doing Maths at various level (undergrad and postgrad) who all love the course and find it very interesting.

Social life is amazing. There's something on every night (multiple things in fact) and everything is within walking distance (or a very short bus ride). Join a few societies and you'll have no problem getting social very often.

Uni accommodation I can't really comment on as I live privately, but I would wager that any in the centre of the city is where you want to be. Bristol is small enough that from the centre-ish area you can get pretty much anywhere within a short walk. You can see the best in terms of proximity by looking at the campus map on the UoB website. .

ReputationRep:
    Good social life - one of the advantages of a city based campus is you are close to all that.

Accommodation - Stoke Bishop (Wills etc) ends to be a bit 'private school' orientated but there are heaps of others that are not like that at all - both Uni housing and the the private providers in the centre of the city. Useful info : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/accommodati...te/residences/ Anything that is 2+ miles away from the Uni will be at SB so if that doesnt appea;, just look at the other stuff. And there is heaps of other 'student housing' in Bristol that is often cheaper, more recently built, closer to the city : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/accommodati...ial-providers/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.