Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was one mark off an A* (53/60) and was wondering if I can still do anything about it, most of the Yr 10s entered early for the ICT exam and was wondering if there was anyway for me to get the A* without a push from my coursework.

ReputationRep:
    Is the A* really necessary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The RAR)
    Is the A* really necessary?
    Yes, because I don't think my coursework will be able to push it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abu.Baker)
    Yes, because I don't think my coursework will be able to push it up.
    No I meant do you really need an A* in the ICT exam? If no then I wouldn't bother
    • Very Important Poster

I was one mark off an A* (53/60) and was wondering if I can still do anything about it, most of the Yr 10s entered early for the ICT exam and was wondering if there was anyway for me to get the A* without a push from my coursework.
    Well done youve had over a month to do something and now you are to late. You need to be a little faster.

ReputationRep:
    Wait until your coursework result comes in. If it's possible, you could try to get a remark or review, but remember that the cutoff has to be somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The RAR)
    No I meant do you really need an A* in the ICT exam? If no then I wouldn't bother
    Yes again, it counts as 25% of my exam and if I get it, then it may contribute to me getting at least an 8 rather than a 7 in the new specification. My ideal career Job is to become a software engineer which is why I want to get a very good grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMindGarage)
    Wait until your coursework result comes in. If it's possible, you could try to get a remark or review, but remember that the cutoff has to be somewhere.
    Ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Well done youve had over a month to do something and now you are to late. You need to be a little faster.
    I was asking my ICT teacher if I can do anything about it, she left me in the dark so I wanted to find out if there was anything I can do from someone else.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Why would an A* make a difference over an A? No one apart from you will care, an A is still excellent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    You are too late. Dont blame it on your teacher you could have found out for yourself. The deadline was either 21 Sept or end of Sept.
    I wasn't blaming anyone, but thank you for the information.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.