Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Warning: Gonna be one long ass read of me tryna self discover my "true inner self".
    One of my closest mates pointed out today that I act like a full blown extrovert around him and another close friend of mine (both of them are introverts, according to them).
    I came to realise that it's somewhat true because:
    1)I can easily do things like talk to a passing stranger and hold a decent conversation with them (be they male or female),
    2)Become a "leader" during projects/assignments or be the "extroverted guy" in our "The 3 Musketeers" group when we venture off to somewhere.
    3)Just being myself (the real me?).
    However, I classify myself as an Introvert because I think I am the complete opposite when I am not around them. This is because:
    1)I will go to great lengths to avoid talking to someone I don't know or is just an acquaintance.
    2)I stutter(sometimes quite a lot) when talking to someone I just met or an acquaintance (not spend much time with them).
    3)Will try to phase out of existence if I am put (ALWAYS try to be with my other 2 friends) in a group of people (for projects and assignments) that I don't know or are just acquaintances.
    4)I will put up a persona that is 'convenient' to be around with just so people don't find me weird or see me in a bad way.
    I wanna know if there's anybody out there similar to me in any way(or at least know somebody) or am I just 'special'.....in a weird way?tbh this Q itself seems stoopid but eh fek it, spent 2 much time on it. Heres hoping to find new comrades.

(Original post by JDieMstr)
      Warning: Gonna be one long ass read of me tryna self discover my "true inner self".
      One of my closest mates pointed out today that I act like a full blown extrovert around him and another close friend of mine (both of them are introverts, according to them).
      1)I can easily do things like talk to a passing stranger and hold a decent conversation with them (be they male or female),
      2)Become a "leader" during projects/assignments or be the "extroverted guy" in our "The 3 Musketeers" group when we venture off to somewhere.
      However, I classify myself as an Introvert because I think I am the complete opposite when I am not around them. This is because:
      1)I will go to great lengths to avoid talking to someone I don't know or is just an acquaintance.
      2)I stutter(sometimes quite a lot) when talking to someone I just met or an acquaintance (not spend much time with them).
      3)Will try to phase out of existence if I am put (ALWAYS try to be with my other 2 friends) in a group of people (for projects and assignments) that I don't know or are just acquaintances.
      4)I will put up a persona that is 'convenient' to be around with just so people don't find me weird or see me in a bad way.
      I wanna know if there's anybody out there similar to me in any way(or at least know somebody) or am I just 'special'.....in a weird way?tbh this Q itself seems stoopid but eh fek it, spent 2 much time on it. Heres hoping to find new comrades.
      Ambivert?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by tamil fever)
      Ambivert?
      lmao did not even know there was a word like that. Thank you for your contribution in identifying my true self!

I'm a bit like you.

I can have a decent conversation with a single person, but I usually struggle with more than that.

Never had a problem with doing presentations etc., or with people I know I won't see again (because who cares what they think if you slip up).

Shyness is the fear of negative judgment, and introversion is a preference for quiet, minimally stimulating environments. You definitely sound like an introvert with shy streaks.

ReputationRep:
        Also it's a scale so im very loud around my friends but at the end of the day I recharge by being alone so I'm intro and that's the essence of it. How do you recharge yourself? it will answer a lot of questions but remember the world isn't black and white. im loud and bubbly but also quiet if put into big groups
        Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
        I am an AMBIVERT! i took a few online test and all said same thing lol.

I get to enjoy the best of both worlds.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by marshalld67)
        Also it's a scale so im very loud around my friends but at the end of the day I recharge by being alone so I'm intro and that's the essence of it. How do you recharge yourself? it will answer a lot of questions but remember the world isn't black and white. im loud and bubbly but also quiet if put into big groups
        Yeh, thats true for me to some extent. I never felt like I was missing out when the peeps around me make plans to go out during the evening or night. I can unwind when I get back home, get into my bed and just follow through my usual routine.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by -Tony Stark-)
        I am an AMBIVERT! i took a few online test and all said same thing lol.

I get to enjoy the best of both worlds.
        I guess good for us then

ReputationRep:
        I guess good for us then
        Yess. we are the lucky ones haha.
        if u watch an asap science video about this they basically said being an ambivert is the best one!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
      Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.