Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Would be appreciative if any of you could answer any of the following questions about the University of Warwick?

1) what is the maths&stats course at Warwick like?
    2) what is the general social life at the uni like?
    3) What is the student social life scene like in Coventry? Or is it really as bad a sh*thole as people make out online?

Thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Constan4699)
    Would be appreciative if any of you could answer any of the following questions about the University of Warwick?

1) what is the maths&stats course at Warwick like?
    2) what is the general social life at the uni like?
    3) What is the student social life scene like in Coventry? Or is it really as bad a sh*thole as people make out online?

Thanks
    1) I have a few friends applying to the maths and stats course who originally wanted to do economics so I would say it's a good course especially because warwick have a great maths department. I would recommend you checking out the modules on the course and imagine yourself studying those modules, would you be happy?
    2/3) I've heard warwick does have a good night life and often I've heard of past students going to coventry and birmingham if they want something more. When I went on the open day I did think it was very isolated from outside life but if a campus uni is what you're after then it's a good campus. The accommodation is nice with en suites in a lot of the rooms and my recommendations would be Bluebell (If you're rich), jack martin and arthur vick. I did think it was a sh*thole at first but looking back it wasn't as bad as I first thought. My main issue was living on campus but second and third years mostly move to leamington spa which you should take a look at, it's really nice and do remember that warwick have a very good maths department. You spend most of your time studying so make sure it's something that you enjoy!

I can only tell you so much from what I've heard of people that have went to the university, they've all said their first impression of warwick and especially coventry wasn't good but the actual university is very very good so don't let that put you off. The best way to know if you want to go there is to go on an open day and see for yourself, from my experience I'd say it was an isolated concrete jungle with plenty of grass that have excellent departmental faculties.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.