Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Question for anyone who lives or studies in Norwich Watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you know much about a street called Oxford Street or Unthank road near the City Centre?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    What about it specifically? It's a residential area within the golden triangle so has a lot of students living there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeWelshGuy123)
    What about it specifically? It's a residential area within the golden triangle so has a lot of students living there.
    Interesting. I'm going to view a property there next week, with the view to buy. I just want to know how decent the area is.

Looking at streetview I can see there is a mix of period houses, but I can also see some council houses likely to have been built in the 70s and 80s.

Is the area decent to live?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruli)
    Interesting. I'm going to view a property there next week, with the view to buy. I just want to know how decent the area is.

Looking at streetview I can see there is a mix of period houses, but I can also see some council houses likely to have been built in the 70s and 80s.

Is the area decent to live?
    Seems pretty decent, the majority of the nice house are owned or rented by families, whereas the less desirable ones are student rented. I don't live there but some of my friends live on the side streets on the other side of Unthank road, it's pretty quiet. It's also around the corner from Norwich itself which is quite nice. The students that live there are fairly quiet as house parties and pre-drinks are usually held in houses closer to the uni so they can catch the bus from he uni to the city centre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeWelshGuy123)
    Seems pretty decent, the majority of the nice house are owned or rented by families, whereas the less desirable ones are student rented. I don't live there but some of my friends live on the side streets on the other side of Unthank road, it's pretty quiet. It's also around the corner from Norwich itself which is quite nice. The students that live there are fairly quiet as house parties and pre-drinks are usually held in houses closer to the uni so they can catch the bus from he uni to the city centre.
    Oh cool. Thanks for that

My young brother lived on Grovesnor Street/road at some point, I never got to visit him though. He also says it's decent.

My issue with the property I'm interested in is that it's a new build and from the pictures, it looks ghastly. It looks like a council house. It's unlikely I will be making an offer on it, but may as well view it anyway.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Fruli

I currently live off a side street on Unthank Road - just at the end of Avenue Road

I've been a local in the area for ages as well from my years studying at UEA, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

- Laura, UEA Official Rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of East Anglia)
    Hi Fruli

I currently live off a side street on Unthank Road - just at the end of Avenue Road

I've been a local in the area for ages as well from my years studying at UEA, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Thank-you Laura!

I will certainly give you a shout if I have any questions, especially after my viewing next week.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Fruli

Hi!

I went to view the property today. It was amazing.

I think I'm going to reserve it and make an offer.

I just need to iron out a few kinks before I take that step.

Norwich is amazing too.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruli)
    Hi!

I went to view the property today. It was amazing.

I think I'm going to reserve it and make an offer.

I just need to iron out a few kinks before I take that step.

Norwich is amazing too.
    That's amazing to hear Fruli! You're going to love living in Norwich

If you need any tips and local recommendations, or any questions generally, do feel free to message me!

ReputationRep:
    That's amazing to hear Fruli! You're going to love living in Norwich

If you need any tips and local recommendations, or any questions generally, do feel free to message me!

Thank-you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.