Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I have a few questions about sitting A-Level Maths exams for this coming summer. I do have an AS maths grade from 2015 and I was wondering if I could resit this and do the corresponding A2, or would I have to do the new specification now? Will the exam have to be organised by myself? Lastly, if I a had any questions or was stuck on something where would I go to find the answer? I am 20 and only have AS from 2015, but I seriously want an A level in maths, are there other options that I am unaware of like dropping into a local college's lesson or night classes or something? Thanks in advance everyone.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by MassiveBanana)
    Hello everyone, I have a few questions about sitting A-Level Maths exams for this coming summer. I do have an AS maths grade from 2015 and I was wondering if I could resit this and do the corresponding A2, or would I have to do the new specification now? Will the exam have to be organised by myself? Lastly, if I a had any questions or was stuck on something where would I go to find the answer? I am 20 and only have AS from 2015, but I seriously want an A level in maths, are there other options that I am unaware of like dropping into a local college's lesson or night classes or something? Thanks in advance everyone.
    2018 is the last year when you can sit modules for the first time. So if you plan to finish the A Level next year then doing the old (modular) spec is fine. Next year you will need to find a centre (school) that accept external students to take exams and you will need to pay for this.

A tutor would be good for someone in your position. Have you considered that? And don't just rely on textbooks for self-studying - I highly recommend the ExamSolutions website if you're not already aware of it. It contains videos on all topics and exam questions.

And if you're ever stuck and need help then please post your question in the maths forum. You'll usually get an answer very fast and we can help you as much as you want

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.