The Student Room Group

Can Guys have Mummy Issues?

I've been dating this guy for the past month. Its casual rn bc both of us just came out of long term relationships. However I worry that he has "mummy issues" and am not sure if Im overreacting?

He never mentions his mum and Idk if shes dead or if his parents just divorced. He made out at the start of dating that he had two parents, even saying stuff like "My parents' house is really close to your uncle's" looking back, I guess it was a white lie to avoid awkward convo. But then he never EVER brought up his mum and recently I found out she doesn't live with his dad (we went to his dads bungalow, where he lives alone) and he has a half sister and his dad is single. So Idk what happened there and am reluctant to ask??

Anyway, he's pretty emotionally unavailable and tries 2 be manipulative, which isnt as big a deal given that we are casual, but he always plays stupid games like not texting me first, being competitive, negging trying to make me jealous of other lasses etc. I call him out but Im getting sick. I have been nothing but nice before it started but its getting on my tits. He also refers to women as "female dogs" (u know the word) sometimes etc. I think he may have mummy issues.

He is laid back which I suppose is good but I'm sensing strong issues, and given that I come from a strong family and am pretty sane (lol) Id rather not get dragged down into this. Time to dump even tho we're just casual?
Original post by Anonymous
. Time to dump even tho we're just casual?

ye lol
probably just isn't close to her
You've already got the answer right there at the end of your question, get yourself outta there love before it gets worse. I dont like the term mummy or daddy issues because everyone goes through their own problems in life and it could be something really serious he's not ready to talk about, especially seeing as youre not serious, but he definitely shouldn't be projecting that onto you. Tell him he needs to get his **** together and youre not taking any crap, and get out of there
What exactly does mummy issues mean?
Reply 5
Original post by ChickenMadness
ye lol

+1
[QUOTE=Anonymous;74077628but its getting on my tits

Wut...
Original post by Anonymous
but its getting on my tits

:erm:

Quick Reply

Latest