Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I attended University of Kent last September-December (2016) studying Philosophy BA, but decided to withdraw due to not feeling ready and going through some personal mental health issues, which detriment my overall opinion of Kent and how I performed in essays by the end of the term.

Following on, I used the remaining of the year before now to travel and work, before coming to Royal Holloway (where I currently am) but to do Geography BA, as I was convinced this may be a better fit.

Now that I'm here though, I can't help but feeling 'out of the loop', not enjoying lectures or doing my reading, I miss having the lovely social group that I had at Kent. Royal Holloway seems so isolating in comparison I don't want to withdraw again because that will probably blow my chances, but I also want to succeed and know what I'm studying is right?

What should I do? Any words of wisdom would help!

Maybe I am not cut out for university life... or not given RH a fair shot?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    You need to accept that RHUL is not Kent and that your friend group is never going to reappear there, and that you will have to make new friends.

If you can do that, then it'll probably be as any other university experience you might have. If not, which isn't necessarily a negative, just a possibility, then it may suggest that the nature of university may not be appropriate for you - or at least, not at this particular time. Consider what you would do in the alternative though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.