The Student Room Group

How do you feel about it...

Guys I'm doing maths and all sciences at as level and i was wondering if anyone others are doing the same combination. If So, how do you feel about? How are you finding it? Are you thinking of dropping any?

Also did anyone do this combination before and what did u get if you don't mind saying
Reply 1
Original post by Mark jam
Guys I'm doing maths and all sciences at as level and i was wondering if anyone others are doing the same combination. If So, how do you feel about? How are you finding it? Are you thinking of dropping any?

Also did anyone do this combination before and what did u get if you don't mind saying

I took maths, physics and chemistry, came out with AAA this year. I know a few people who took bio too at AS but dropped it or another science, as taking 4 A Levels is usually pointless (very few unis make offers needing 4) and can detract from your other grades.

It's naturally quite a tough combo and people do drop out or fail, but in the end they do have fantastic degree prospects (maths/phys/chem in particular) and can be done well with hard work.

The key to succeeding is probably revising early (though I didn't do this) and doing lots of practice with any material you can get your hands on. Old spec papers are surprisingly useful and there's loads of them, and there are plenty of sites out there such as chemguide and physics and maths tutor.

Quick Reply

Latest