Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just found my dream job (as an HCA) in the hospital nearest to me - I say dream job, dream for the time being I suppose is what I mean! But yeah, I've said for ages that this is what I want to do until I go back to uni but now I've found one I feel sick to my stomach about applying.

I'm terrified that if I apply they'll turn me down or I won't be declared medically/mentally stable enough to work the shifts needed etc, terrified that even if I got the job I'd mess it up big time, hate it or end up having to leave because my health got the better of me. Terrified that they won't want someone with BPD or anorexia working for them because I know I can be turbulent at times and that at the moment things aren't great.

I don't want to apply and to be told 'you can't look after yourself properly' or for anxiety to get the better of me. I'm already terrified about the prospect of even filling out the form to apply - what does this say about how good I would even be? I don't want my mental health to get in the way of me achieving one of my dreams, like it did with uni, but already it feels like it is 😔

ReputationRep:
    you're not even giving yourself a chance?
    Think positive. Its your dream job-for the time being
    who knows maybe this will make you less anxious - you never know unless you try. "the only things you regret are the opportunities you didn't take."-wise person

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.