Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how to be more confident to ask out a girl? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I want to start finding love again but i'm too socially awkward and i get really nervous and kinda freeze :/
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerdnobain)
    I want to start finding love again but i'm too socially awkward and i get really nervous and kinda freeze :/
    Talk to girls like you're talking to guys. It's no different. Once you stop treating them as if they're aliens, you'll feel more comfortable around them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerdnobain)
    As has been said, just talk to them like a really good friend generally. Dont be scared about upsetting them, you can see in their face where the line is and when you've learned that you know what to say and to not say like any other person you meet. There are a few differences ie dont make weight jokes, and some girls will get set off by certain things (same as everyone) but you'll only know this by going ahead and saying whatever you like, plus it makes you look confident and girls tend to like that so long as you backpedal tactfully (ie don't just start shouting Im so sorry please forgive me, for example I got around it once by joking 'I can see on your face I crossed the line there, I'll get you a tissue and a violin if you like' - shows you're paying attention but isn't simpering)

I know that's like giving you the keys to a helicopter and saying 'you can do it' but its just a question of practice. Try to talk to girls at uni/work/school/clubs/whatever and get more confident around them, you might make some friends out of it and it'll help you be calmer talking to them in general.

Only control what you can control. Is it your fault she might not like a comment you make? No. Is it your fault she's in a bad mood? No. Is it your fault she's in a rush? No. Just be yourself, awareness of circumstance is useful but don't 'what if' as in 'should I say that because yesterday her brother mentioned something like it' because it mean you'll end up either backpedaling constantly or sounding totally bland. Same with asking her out, if she's like <21 you can even do it by text so she isn't pressured and has thinking time. At the end of the day you have to just close your eyes and ask - worst is she says no and you don't waste time. Best case is she says yes. This is quite instructional on the point I'm making https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNJgk0eC3RM

ReputationRep:
    Grills don't always need to be asked. Some are willing to be taken. I found one in my neighbours backyard the other day and figured he didnt need it. My favourite grill is called George Foreman.

ReputationRep:
    Okay since i have a marketing background, i'll teach you a few things. Remember the hardest thing you're going to face is rejection, if you get a no, so what? There's lots of yes' out there.

1) Introduction - Smile.Eye Contact.Xcitement.Your Personality (Sexy factors = Flirt with them...)

2) Short Story - Keep it short and simple - When you're meeting someone new, you don't want to overwhelm them.

3) Presentation - Ask them out, if not there and then maybe in the future.

4) Close - Whatever happens behind closed doors, stays behind closed doors

5) Rehash - Rinse & repeat....

ReputationRep:
    I can understand that ure not comfortable talking face to face so try online.

If u find someone cute find their Fb or IG
    Then dm them and try to get to know them. There r guys and girls who prefer to talk online so u can try ur luck there .

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.