Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Gud day sir, am a student of a Nigerian university, I would be entering my final year, am a Christian too and I don't really live a social life(clubbing and all that) I study the best I can, people always come for me to teach me but at the end of every semester, my result is very poor. I even buy a lot of textbooks, I started buying the ones recommended by lecturers from my yr one and I read them. Right now after calculating my cgpa from first year to third year, I have a 2.589.am soo afraid and I don't if I can still make a good 2.1 a second class upper.an really disappointed in all my efforts and myself. Pls sir, what do I do? As long as its reading,i can do it. What could the problem be. Cause I approach people for help. What am I doing wrong. Is a good second class still possible. I don't want to disappoint my parents.

ReputationRep:
    First of all, as a person who went through a similar problem, I beg you not to overcomplicate things.
    Secondly, I suggest asking someone to tutor you (reading books and not being able to synthasize the information is not very helpful).
    Also, maybe your learning style is different from the one you are using at the moment, so you may ask your fellow students or professors for tutoring services.
    It will help when you actually learn how to study effectively and eventually improve your grades.

Wishing you good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.