Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I achieved 1 A*, 4 As , 5 Bs and 2 Cs and GCSE and for my a levels I am taking English lit history and economics conomics. Would I get into a top uni with these grades and what extra curricular and work would experience will I need to do for law?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student00000000)
    I achieved 1 A*, 4 As , 5 Bs and 2 Cs and GCSE and for my a levels I am taking English lit history and economics conomics. Would I get into a top uni with these grades and what extra curricular and work would experience will I need to do for law?
    I mean by top unis what we thinking ?

I got that exact same gcse set except one of the As was a D. As long as you have the A level requirement and 5 A* - A big unis are usually okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExoIceCream99)
    I mean by top unis what we thinking ?

I got that exact same gcse set except one of the As was a D. As long as you have the A level requirement and 5 A* - A big unis are usually okay.
    I was thinking oxford, lse, Durham, kcl something like that
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking oxford, lse, Durham, kcl something like that
    Have a look at their individual requirements.

For the experience side, go to a uni summer school, see if you can shadow a solicitor, go to court and witness what goes on, further reading, ask universities to let you sit in backs of lectures etc. Do something that will stand you out from the 22,009 other applicants (made up number)
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm in love with Kent so I'm looking at them for law because they have amazing graduate programme, stunning city, and great modules
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi student00000000,

Whilst good GCSE grades are relatively important, what matters most is what you achieve for your A-Levels. I'd recommend you have a look at a list of uni's - like this one on Choosing Between Law Universities & Law Degrees and this article about Uni by Uni - A Selection of Top Universities comparisons.

As for work experience, we also have a list of different types of work experience and how you can obtain them! Here are a few you can take a look at:
    - Law Work Experience
    - Vacation Schemes
    - Mini-Pupillage
    - Legal Internships
    - Law Firm Open Days
    - Pro Bono

Hope these help!

The Lawyer Portal

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.