Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi i just noticed thatbmy maintenance loannwent by by a £1000 this year compared to last year, do i have to keep sending my househood income every year to get the maximum amount from student finance? Im only on my second year by the way
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xemnas78)
    Hi i just noticed thatbmy maintenance loannwent by by a £1000 this year compared to last year, do i have to keep sending my househood income every year to get the maximum amount from student finance? Im only on my second year by the way
    Yes. If you want income assessed loans then you need to provide updated income information (and evidence if asked) every year. SFE don’t assume that your household income will not change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Yes. If you want income assessed loans then you need to provide updated income information (and evidence if asked) every year. SFE don’t assume that your household income will not change.
    Is it too late to send a PFF2 form along with my Household income?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Xemnas78,

If you have asked to be income assessed and the income provided has not increased since your previous application, there are other things that can affect the amount of support that you are receiving :

For example if you have changed from living elsewhere in the previous academic year to living at home with your parents.

or changed university from London to elsewhere in the UK.

or if you are in the final year of your course you will receive less support as only assessed until the last day of your final term, we don't include the summer holidays.

Check online, if you have not applied to be income assessed you will find the forms to change your application here

http://bit.ly/Oty2LV

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rona SFE)
    Hi Xemnas78,

If you have asked to be income assessed and the income provided has not increased since your previous application, there are other things that can affect the amount of support that you are receiving :

For example if you have changed from living elsewhere in the previous academic year to living at home with your parents.

or changed university from London to elsewhere in the UK.

or if you are in the final year of your course you will receive less support as only assessed until the last day of your final term, we don't include the summer holidays.

Check online, if you have not applied to be income assessed you will find the forms to change your application here

http://bit.ly/Oty2LV

Thanks Rona
    I have done this last year and everything was Okay, and then this year they reduced it, I know it's I have made my loan to be based on my Household income, hence I called student finance today and they told me that I just need to fill a pff2 form.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    I have done this last year and everything was Okay, and then this year they reduced it, I know it's I have made my loan to be based on my Household income, hence I called student finance today and they told me that I just need to fill a pff2 form.
    Hi Xemnas78,

You need to provide your household income every academic year as it is based on a different tax year.

You can be confident once reassessed, any additional entitlement for term one will be backdated and submitted as an additional payment, an interim payment.

Currently a PFF2 is taking 21 working days to process once received.

Thanks Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.