The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough University Accommodation 2018 - FAQs

Hello :wavey:
This thread is for all 2018 applicants who have questions about our accommodation here at Loughborough, here are the most common FAQs answered in the drop downs below.

There are a lot of answers on the University Accommodation webpages too, but feel free to ask here if you can't find what you need. Don’t forget this is just a guide. The most up to date information is on our website, but this will give you a good idea of what to expect.

Firm Offer Holders Applying for Accommodation

Insurance Offer Holders Applying for Accommodation

What’s in the rooms

Catered or self-catered – choosing a hall type

Room Options – what they mean

A quick guide to each hall

Extra Fees

Private Accommodation

If any other questions come up regularly, we'll add them to this thread.

Hope this answers the majority of your questions :smile:

Vicky

Scroll to see replies

I've firmed a conditional offer from loughborough university and if I was to go, I would live in student accommodation. Thing is, I'm not entirely sure I will be accepted into the course as there's a chance I won't get my predicted grades. Now, I heard that you have to put a deposit down on student accommodation sometime soon, I'm just wondering if I don't get into the course, will my deposit be refunded? Or will I not be able to get that back? Thank you!
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by debrameaden
I've firmed a conditional offer from loughborough university and if I was to go, I would live in student accommodation. Thing is, I'm not entirely sure I will be accepted into the course as there's a chance I won't get my predicted grades. Now, I heard that you have to put a deposit down on student accommodation sometime soon, I'm just wondering
if I don't get into the course, will my deposit be refunded? Or will I not be able to get that back? Thank you!

Hi debrameaden,

You won't have to put a deposit down until your offer has been accepted :smile:

Hope that helps!

Alex
What is the best hall option for Design students? Prefer en suite/suite, new building but near college of design
Original post by futuredesign
What is the best hall option for Design students? Prefer en suite/suite, new building but near college of design

Hi futuredesign,

There isn't really a best hall option depending on your course - it's all down to personal preference.

With that being said, Butler Court is right next to the design school. This is self-catered and holds a selection of rooms, including en-suites.

The design school is also next to Towers, which is catered with shared bathrooms.

Hope that helps!

Alex
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi futuredesign,

There isn't really a best hall option depending on your course - it's all down to personal preference.

With that being said, Butler Court is right next to the design school. This is self-catered and holds a selection of rooms, including en-suites.

The design school is also next to Towers, which is catered with shared bathrooms.

Hope that helps!

Alex

Thanks Alex!
Original post by futuredesign
Thanks Alex!

You're welcome :smile:
Hello,

I'm an Erasmus Consortium Programme student of Loughborough. I need to arrange my accommodation between 18th of June and 17 of August (For 2 months)
I'm confused for chosing the place. There are many choice for students but there is only annual fees for accommodation on the webside for Erasmus students although I need only two months fees. Where can I found student "Halls of Residence" monthly fees?
(http://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/accommodation/prospective-students/erasmusandstudyabroad/) How can I learn how much do I have to pay for accommodation and also for deposit during my summer internship period?

I have one more choice for short stay visitors (University Lodge). This is also couraged with meal (breakfast and evening meal) But It's
£196 per week. It's a bit expensive but I wont have to think about cooking. What do you advise me to do?
http://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/accommodation/short-stay/lodge/

Is there a student community which helps incoming students? For example, I had a volunteer buddy who is steered from University in my last Erasmus. this person helped to arange some of our vital works.

If you help me to answer my questions, I will be pleasured,

Thanks,

İrem
Original post by capricciioo
Hello,

I'm an Erasmus Consortium Programme student of Loughborough. I need to arrange my accommodation between 18th of June and 17 of August (For 2 months)
I'm confused for chosing the place. There are many choice for students but there is only annual fees for accommodation on the webside for Erasmus students although I need only two months fees. Where can I found student "Halls of Residence" monthly fees?
(http://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/accommodation/prospective-students/erasmusandstudyabroad/) How can I learn how much do I have to pay for accommodation and also for deposit during my summer internship period?

I have one more choice for short stay visitors (University Lodge). This is also couraged with meal (breakfast and evening meal) But It's
£196 per week. It's a bit expensive but I wont have to think about cooking. What do you advise me to do?
http://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/accommodation/short-stay/lodge/

Is there a student community which helps incoming students? For example, I had a volunteer buddy who is steered from University in my last Erasmus. this person helped to arange some of our vital works.

If you help me to answer my questions, I will be pleasured,

Thanks,

İrem

Hi capricciioo

Best thing to do is to contact the Accommodation Centre directly. You can e-mail [email protected] and they will be able to advise you.

Vicky
Hi again :smile:

Thank you for your answer. I will contact them, but wonder about stayin in a family house. So I can improve my English by the way. Which webside do you advise to contact with families?

İrem
Original post by capricciioo
Hi again :smile:

Thank you for your answer. I will contact them, but wonder about stayin in a family house. So I can improve my English by the way. Which webside do you advise to contact with families?

İrem

Hi capricciioo
Our accommodation team can give you information about that too and put you in touch with private landlords that work in partnership with us so that the accommodation is up to standard.
Other than that, I can't recommend anyone, it would be a case of looking online and seeing what you can find.

Hope that helps
Vicky
When can we officially start applying to accommodation? (Firmed Conditional Offer)
Original post by Shahbaaz
When can we officially start applying to accommodation? (Firmed Conditional Offer)

Hey, normally you sign up your interest in accommodation, however actually applying for specific halls only happens after you get an offer.
Reply 13
Ahh this is why Loughborough is good, as it effectively connects with their students on social media
Original post by Kinda2
Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to share a room with a friend. We have both received and confirmed out conditional offers as firm, if we were to apply for twin rooms- would it be possible to arrange it?

Thanks

Hi Kinda2,

Some accommodation does offer shared rooms - Harry French and Butler Court for example, but you would have to discuss it with them individually. If you drop them an email at [email protected] then they will be able to give you more information.

I hope that helps,

Alex
Original post by Shahbaaz

Hi Shahbaaz,

The following link will give you an idea of the application process for accommodation: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/accommodation/prospective-students/undergraduate/apply/

As you are firmed conditional, you're looking at applying in June.

You will be contacted by email about this, but if you're worried there's also an announcements page here: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/accommodation/announcements/

Hope that helps,

Alex
Hi I have an unconditional offer for Bsc international business, which hall would suit me best ? And how can I get to know about the students likely to join the same course as I will be joining.
Original post by danieldl12
Hi I have an unconditional offer for Bsc international business, which hall would suit me best ? And how can I get to know about the students likely to join the same course as I will be joining.

Hi danieldl12
Congrats on your unconditional offer :biggrin:

The closest halls would be Falk Egg, Butler Court, Towers however, halls in the student village aren't far away either.
Have a look and see if you'd want catered or self-catered and your budget and make your decision based on that.

You'll always be placed with at least a couple of people on the same/similar course, but there are also many social events both by hall and by department at the beginning of term.
Here's some info on the halls:
http://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/accommodation/halls/undergraduate/

Vicky
Reply 18
Hi, I was wondering if all rooms in Telford are going to be of 'refurbished' status by September 2018?
Original post by KTL99
Hi, I was wondering if all rooms in Telford are going to be of 'refurbished' status by September 2018?

Hi KTL99

As far as I'm aware Telford has been refurnished, however, your best bet is to contact the Student Accommodation Centre directly by e-mailing [email protected] for the latest information or have a look through their announcements here: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/accommodation/announcements/

Hope that helps
Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending