Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do older men like young women so much? Watch

Hello, I am an 18 year-old female and I am wondering why men in their late 20s, 30s and even 40s or 50s are attracted to me and ask to date me.
    I would have thought that I am too immature and not womanly enough for them, yet they seem to think I would be a good partner for them!

They show me more attention than guys my own age lmao.

I would be especially interested in hearing answers from older men on whether or not they are sexually attracted to young women and why/why not.
    Of course, younger guys may be helpful too. And other ladies with their own experience and knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    As your 18 I can understand why people in their 20s might like you but 30, 40 and 50 is pushing it a bit. More so with the last two

ReputationRep:
    Men prefer youthful, pretty looking girls and that doesn’t change with age. Girls between 16-23 are at their prettiest.

Young girls are attractive to everyone and the older guys are trying their luck because younger girls are more naive, inexperienced

ReputationRep:
    Youth suggests fertility.

This is going to be very long haha

I used to find it unacceptable when men would give me that creepy smile or try to start a conversation with me since I was a teenager and some of them r around my mothers or even fathers age (my dad is 10 years older than my mom). I could be their daughter u know. But does it matter to them ? I don't think so .

My long term bf told me a very interesting thing about this. "A pretty girl is pretty no matter what . Doesn't matter if she's 13, she will attract attention of guys all age and especially if she dresses up like a 20 year old or older"

As we all know some of us develop early, some late and some of us don't develop much so there could be some 12-13 year old female who's got a more womanly body than someone much older.

Now with this whole thing about older men asking u out i think it's because they find u attractive. Also in regards to older men asking u out much more than younger guys i think it's got to do with their age and experience in dating unlike the younger guys. Those older men have already received multiple yes' and no's from other women so they r not afraid of rejection therefore they don't mind trying their luck .

Everyone has different experiences in dating and the people u r surrounded with also plays a huge factor.

Some guys prefer younger women. They want to be in control and they "think" younger women r more submissive in other words they r insecure. Some guys want to feel young maybe because their missed out a lot of things when they were younger so they think being with someone younger gives them that. Some guys feel young with the younger person because of the activities they do together.

Some guys prefer older women because they "think" they r more mature and understanding.

And some guys don't give two **** about age. They see pretty women, they approach them. Simple

ReputationRep:
    they look for appearance over everything else probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello, I am an 18 year-old female and I am wondering why men in their late 20s, 30s and even 40s or 50s are attracted to me and ask to date me.
    I would have thought that I am too immature and not womanly enough for them, yet they seem to think I would be a good partner for them!

They show me more attention than guys my own age lmao.

I would be especially interested in hearing answers from older men on whether or not they are sexually attracted to young women and why/why not.
    Of course, younger guys may be helpful too. And other ladies with their own experience and knowledge.

Biology basically. Young women 18-25 ish are more attractive to any bloke because it's usually when they're at their prettiest. For example a girl will still crush on like George Clooney but no man ever has said I really want to bang Helen Mirren unless they're of a similar age even though she is obviously very attractive for her age.

Because guys your age are nervous balls of hormones. Most of them would ask out any girl who talks to them for five minutes if they had the confidence but at that age it's hard because you're naive and don't really have the experience of going through good and/or bad relationships, or even really being in one. At 14 a relationship was kissing at a party and hanging around Asda together after school - its not really equivocal to the real world version which people don't really experience until they leave school. Point being you're getting asked by older people because they're used to trying their luck and seeing what comes of it.

Maturity isn't necessarily age based and it's a bit endearing, girls who have been around a bit can do your head in because they have a million expectations and don't understand why you can't psychically assimilate them whereas younger girls tend to be less of a pain in the arse. There's ups and downs to both, but usually naivety is quite cute.

ReputationRep:
    For thousands of years:

Girls are born wealthy and grow poor - Boys are born poor and die rich

For thousands of years men have looked for women based on both their beauty, and their ability to bare children. Both of which have always thought to have peaked in late teens early 20s. Historically women when they are at this age are rich in terms of potential for a man, they are at their most optimal beauty, and can offer the best chances of fertility, especially as they still have time for many children to be born. As they get older this wealth deteriorates.

On the other hand a man is born poor. As a kid or a teenager he has nothing to offer.. his primarily desirable traits have always been to provide for, and protect is family.. to do that he must grow, become older, become tougher, become richer, earn more, work harder, and fight for his family. It will take years of work and experiance, meaning a man grows into his peak later.. an 18 year old boy is nothing, and has little to offer a girl, but a 30 year old man with a wealth of experiance, able to provide all she and her babies need.. is a wealthy man.

---

Although these bare little resemblance to modern society, the ideas still linger in our collective consciences, and take a long time to fade away. We still have the attitude that traditionally its unusual for a woman to date a younger man.. and men still have the desire to date younger women, even if they don't want babies.. our standards of beauty have not really changed from the older examples either.

Its a hangover from a different (but not as much as we like to think) time...

ReputationRep:
    Study year 8 biology.

ReputationRep:
    because they're hotter then older ones

ReputationRep:
    Because they just want to shag you.

The real question is why do so many young girls love going for guys who are much older

ReputationRep:
    It’s a biological/evolutionary thing. Men are attracted to females who they think will be good partners and we’ve evolved to recognise this. Clear skin, the fit body etc is going to be attractive on any age girl but young girls are just more likely to have these things.

As far as women are concerned, they’re nest builders and look for guys who they believe have the potential, to be good fathers/providers.

Socially, we all like to be treated as though we are attractive.

I’m a 45 year old male. Ive been approached by a few younger girls, the youngest being 18- this was when I was 40.

I wouldn’t approach a younger girl unless she was giving out the signals which I think the OP is doing.

ReputationRep:
    mayhe because you look mucher older idk

Deeeply rooted in paedophilia is the honest answer. A women is at her best in her late 20's to early 30's in fertility contrary to what's popularized and spouted by guess which demographic.

I am 18 and was constantly approached by adult men as a child even when in school uniform, it's the naivete is what they want, they either want to indulge themselves in the thought of hurting/taking something from a woman, being something ton her she can't compare and therefore having more prominence, and and just feeling dominant.

An older woman has life experience, attractive SINGLE older women from what I've seen are scary. They have experienced, so much and they know they don't want you.

Also I think sexuality can be subverted in the content you digest. Teenage girls are sexualised endlessly if you watch ponography or any media influence of that you might actually find something there for you, in the same way so-called straight women become aroused at certain aspects of the female body and repulsed by others, simply because of this overt sexualisation of the female body surrounding us.

As a teenage girl I am very scared..
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.