Turn on thread page Beta

Would you opt for assisted suicide if you were terminally ill? watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I have a health condition, if I get worse l want to go to Switzerland, even though it wouldn't be terminal.

ReputationRep:
    I'd opt for assisted suicide now but i'm too big a wuss

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure I would as I'd rather not suffer needlessly for the last few weeks of my life. I watched a family friend go through terminal cancer and the last few weeks were horrible for her. So yeah I'm pro-euthanasia.

ReputationRep:
    No, as I do not believe in it for other people. We would be going down a slippery slope if we did, in my view.

ReputationRep:
    I was about to say Yes.
    However thinking about it - There are multiple people who have been il and given days to live and somehow pulled through so id like to stay alive if i thought that chance existed
    That being said if its more painful to live then i would go for yes

ReputationRep:
    Depends. If my quality of life was awful (pain etc) and I was a burden on my family (they had to care for me significantly) then yes, absolutely. But I'd opt for it even if I wasn't terminal.

If I was able bodied, and didn't suffer much I'd go as long as I could and make the most of what I had left. So the 'terminal' part wouldn't really affect my decision all that much.

ReputationRep:
    I've watched/nursed multiple family members through the prolonged torture of cancer, and if that were me, I'd find a way to cut to the chase.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the illness. If I was in constant pain and there was no chance of me recovering then I'd want to go out on my terms - not subject people who care about me to the memory of drips, hospitals and drug tempered agony or indeed go through it myself. If there was 100% no treatment then I'd want to go out on my terms, if there was a chance of recovery however slim I'd ride it out.

ReputationRep:
    no unless it was guaranteed to become unimaginely painful or if i didnt have kids.

however, i have watched actual videos of the process from the place in switzerland - dignitas
    really strange to watch

ReputationRep:
    No. I'd lose time I could've spent with my family. And there's always the chance of a miracle occurring (however statistically unlikely).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella-keturah)
    Yes. I have a health condition, if I get worse l want to go to Switzerland, even though it wouldn't be terminal.
    have u seen the videos on youtube of the ones that broadcasted their own suicide?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.