Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have checked my account and is advised me they can't release payment until my uni/college has comfirmed my attendance. I have contacted both uni/college this morning to ask if they have confirmed this and they have both confirmed this about 3 week 's ago I've called students finance this morning to let them know but not very helpull and said it was college/university fault and they need to provide this before payment is made but they have done please could you assist me further. As I'm now struggling for finances. I've assessedmy payment schedule this says payment due on the 13th th October but it's says still awaiting confirmation.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pool1234)
    I have checked my account and is advised me they can't release payment until my uni/college has comfirmed my attendance. I have contacted both uni/college this morning to ask if they have confirmed this and they have both confirmed this about 3 week 's ago I've called students finance this morning to let them know but not very helpull and said it was college/university fault and they need to provide this before payment is made but they have done please could you assist me further. As I'm now struggling for finances. I've assessedmy payment schedule this says payment due on the 13th th October but it's says still awaiting confirmation.
    Hi Pool1234,

As not every student that applies for a loan actually takes up the place, we need confirmation of registration from your university or college before your payment can be released.

We share a system with the universities called the Student Information System (SIS).
    When the university/college login to their portal, they find your name against your course and can confirm both your Registration and Attendance.

When they confirm your Attendance that allows the Tuition Fee to be paid to them.
    At the same time when they confirm your Registration it allows the Maintenance Loan be released to you.

It takes 24 to 48 hours to come across and your payment will automatically be released, a bank transfer takes three to five working days.

If your university have advised you that they did that three weeks ago and we have advised that it still has not been received. Check online we have the correct university and course details.

The most likely scenario is they have only confirmed your Attendance and need to go back on and confirm your Registration.

Thanks Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.