Boarding school crisis Watch

Ticky123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
It's been two and a half months since I started boarding school, I am 16 and my family lives 17 hours plane ride away. I will be going home in 2 weeks and I am wondering whether I should tell my parents I want to quit. I used to love school, loved lessons, loved teachers and my friends.i left thinking there might be something better out there but now I have become depressed and have to keep tears back everyday, I fooled myself into thinking I would fit in with lots of really rich people. My family and I worked so hard to get here and I feel like I have let them down.
I obviously want to go back home but I don't want to disappoint my family and look like a failure but at the same time I want to be happy and I know that I won't be happy here.
What should I tell my parents and how should I tell them?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Inevitably when you go home they'll ask you how you're finding it, in which case I'd just say that you're not sure it suits you. Say you're finding it difficult and you don't think it's a good environment for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.89%
No - I got the required grades (105)
58.33%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.78%

Watched Threads