Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,I have applied for student loan a month ago and i am very confused.i got my indefinite leave to remain on the 16 september 2014.now they have asked me to provide evidence regarding residency status from 1st september 2014.they said there is a fifteen days gap from the time u got indefinite leave to remain 3 years ago.as i donot have original documents that shows that my documents were with home office during that time(before 16 september).so the student advisory asked me to write a letter which grant them to verify the status from home office.its been more thn 3 weeks now and they said that we r still waiting for home office to respond..m so very much tensed.
    Does someone know how much time it takes for verification?
    my university has started and i am in the middle of nowhere..m so very much depressed.
    Plz HELP ME...many thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A sharief)
    Hi there,I have applied for student loan a month ago and i am very confused.i got my indefinite leave to remain on the 16 september 2014.now they have asked me to provide evidence regarding residency status from 1st september 2014.they said there is a fifteen days gap from the time u got indefinite leave to remain 3 years ago.as i donot have original documents that shows that my documents were with home office during that time(before 16 september).so the student advisory asked me to write a letter which grant them to verify the status from home office.its been more thn 3 weeks now and they said that we r still waiting for home office to respond..m so very much tensed.
    Does someone know how much time it takes for verification?
    my university has started and i am in the middle of nowhere..m so very much depressed.
    Plz HELP ME...many thanks
    Hi A sharief

Once the letter you sent is reviewed and it is determined that a Home Office check is necessary, the estimated timescales for us then to request it is 12 working days, we are limited to submitting only 25 checks per day at present.
    Your account will be noted that a Home Office Check has been requested, there are no set timescales for the Home Office to respond to these requests.

Thanks Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.