Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to study Economics at Bristol University but I don't know which accommodation to go for.
    I want an en-suite and self catered. I'd prefer to be close to the university but I saw students online saying that the Unite accommodations, which are close, are pretty bad. So I think I'd like to be within walking distance and not have to be getting buses all the time. Also, I'd like to be in quite a sociable environment where I could have more chances to find someone like me, make friends and get involved.

And a more general query - would you say it is better to spend more or less of your maintenance loan on accommodation? I was primarily thinking to go for less so I have more to spend on other things and not rely on my parents allowance too much. But I also want somewhere decent to live for the year because I will be living far from home. I could also get a part time job too I guess.
    Any advice would be really helpful.
    Thank you

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.