Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have applied for postgraduate student loan about 2 weeks ago. I need some sort of confirmation that I did this for my university. Since I have sent my application via post (I was told that I can not apply online because I am an EU student) I don't have any access to my application now. Where can I get some sort of confirmation that I have applied for student loan?

Simon
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sg18)
    Hello,

I have applied for postgraduate student loan about 2 weeks ago. I need some sort of confirmation that I did this for my university. Since I have sent my application via post (I was told that I can not apply online because I am an EU student) I don't have any access to my application now. Where can I get some sort of confirmation that I have applied for student loan?

Simon

Hi Simon,

Postgraduate loan applications with EU identity evidence are currently taking five working days to be reviewed, once received and data entered you will be able to check the progress online.

Have you provided us with original EU Identity evidence ?

Once approved, a Notification of Entitlement letter will be sent to you and you will be able to print this from your correspondence tab online.

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rona SFE)
    Hi Simon,

Postgraduate loan applications with EU identity evidence are currently taking five working days to be reviewed, once received and data entered you will be able to check the progress online.

Have you provided us with original EU Identity evidence ?

Once approved, a Notification of Entitlement letter will be sent to you and you will be able to print this from your correspondence tab online.

Thanks Rona
    Hi Rona,

Thank you for your answer.

Yes I have provided my national ID card. Just to clarify if I understand it takes 5 days starting from when you have received my application? Because I have delivery proof that you have received it on 26th of September. Unfortunately I still don't have any update. Should I still wait then?

Simon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sg18)
    Hi Rona,

Thank you for your answer.

Yes I have provided my national ID card. Just to clarify if I understand it takes 5 days starting from when you have received my application? Because I have delivery proof that you have received it on 26th of September. Unfortunately I still don't have any update. Should I still wait then?

Simon
    Hi Simon,

For clarification - once the application is received and the ID validated then the application is processed.

At the moment the estimated timescale for EU ID validation is 12 working days. Based on that timescale plus the 5 working days for the application to be assessed I would expect you to have an update in your online student finance account on the 20th of October if we received everything on the 26th of September.

Regards,

Stuart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stuart SFE)
    Hi Simon,

For clarification - once the application is received and the ID validated then the application is processed.

At the moment the estimated timescale for EU ID validation is 12 working days. Based on that timescale plus the 5 working days for the application to be assessed I would expect you to have an update in your online student finance account on the 20th of October if we received everything on the 26th of September.

Regards,

Stuart
    Hi Stuart,

Thank you for your answer. I have already received my ID back. How is it with an online student finance account? I didn't create any as I have sent my application via post. How should I set it up?

Thank you for your help,
    Simon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sg18)
    Hi Stuart,

Thank you for your answer. I have already received my ID back. How is it with an online student finance account? I didn't create any as I have sent my application via post. How should I set it up?

Thank you for your help,
    Simon

Hi sg18,

We would send you a customer reference number and login details by post once your application is received.

If you call our European team on,

Tel: (+44) (0) 141 243 3570
    (Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm)

we will be able to provide you with that information.

Thanks Rona

Submit reply
TSR Support Team
Updated: October 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.