Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is based on your opinion. My parents are overprotective in my opinion, in half term there is a sixth form party (organised by second year) and I'm not allowed to go . Also I want to go to thope park but my parents aren't letting me. Like I'll be the one paying anyway. This term I've been studying like all the time... What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cant_find_a_name)
    This is based on your opinion. My parents are overprotective in my opinion, in half term there is a sixth form party (organised by second year) and I'm not allowed to go . Also I want to go to thope park but my parents aren't letting me. Like I'll be the one paying anyway. This term I've been studying like all the time... What should I do?
    Have you asked them why you’re not allowed? Once you’re 18 they have no way of forcing you not to partake but until that time it might be beneficial to try and understand their reasoning and they might be more willing to sit down and understand why you want to go as well.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    My Mum is the most protective person in the world and my Dad is not that protective. I think my mum has enough protectfulness (not a word but you get it) to compensate for my dad and like all of the rest of my family.

She will not let me look after any of my siblings (the youngest is 10) and I am a very careful and disciplined person. She is just lucky that I am not the partying type else it would be way worse.

I recommend telling your mum that she is holding you back from the real world and by doing so she is making you more vulnerable to the real world.

e.g. if you have never been to a party or out that much because your mum thinks anything could happen to you. This would lead you to become unsocial and maybe shy and it would be very hard to get back into the real world.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with monkeyman0121!Also, I don't know what type of person you are, but I am a rebel type, so I was controlling my life, earning money, studying, everything I wanted.At first it was a shock to my parents, we would fight all the time, but than I just moved out and now I am in charge of my life, my failures and my accomplishments, and not someone else.So, you decide whether you want to be told what to do or you create your own reality.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.