Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Driving test worries Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I have my driving test tomorrow and I am getting very scared! I know in my head I can do it but I am just worried incase I forget things can anyone give some advice please or tips Thankyou! X
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordanlouiseg8)
    Hi guys, I have my driving test tomorrow and I am getting very scared! I know in my head I can do it but I am just worried incase I forget things can anyone give some advice please or tips Thankyou! X
    Keep calm! You're ready to sit the test, don't forget that. If you're getting a bit nervous during the test, take a deep breath. Chat with the examiner if it helps, or don't. Whatever makes you feel more comfortable. I found chatting with mine really helped me, and we joked around a bit while I was driving. When she asked me to perform manouveres, I stopped for a second to collect myself and took a deep breath before doing it. It really helped. It's totally fine to do that, as long as it's safe and everything. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou very much! I'm quite a confident person I think I'm just more worried about the not knowing the manouver I am getting forgetting reference point etc, did you pass first time? This is my first attempt x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou very much! I'm quite a confident person I think I'm just more worried about the not knowing the manouver I am getting forgetting reference point etc, did you pass first time? This is my first attempt x
    Yeah, I was really worried about that too. You know all of the manouveres though, so you got this. They let you take your time and don't expect perfection. I found reading it all up online helped me, because I take in information better that way. The more nervous you are, the more likely you are to start forgetting stuff so it's really important to try and calm yourself down if you feel like you're getting a bit wound up. I did pass first time back in July. I actually found the test quite a bit easier than the lessons! The time passes really quickly, and it will be shorter than your lessons anyway, so they really don't demand too much of you in that time
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! It's normal to feel scared but remember that you know what you're doing (otherwise you wouldn't be sitting your test!).

Let us know how you get on!

:kart:

Emma

ReputationRep:
    Yeh reading up has helped a lot! I even watched YouTube videos just so I know kinda what to expect! Thankyou very much Emma I will let youse know how I get on🤞🏼😁😁😁

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't as nervous earlier now I am freaking out lol!!

ReputationRep:
    I passed guys!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Well done, that's amazing!! It's such a good feeling passing your driving test

Emma

I passed guys!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I passed guys!
    Congratulations!!

ReputationRep:
    make sure you revise for the show and tell questions! But generally, don't be nervous and you will be fine.You normally have like an hour to drive with your instructor before your exam so let out your nerves in that practise lesson! Also, make sure you wear shoes that you have worn the most. When I did my test, I put on shoes that I had never worn before whilst driving and couldn't feel the biting point. Luckily i passed aha. I wish you luck too!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.