Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am 30 years old. I don't have many friends. Never had a relationship. Still live at home. I just resigned from my job and now doing something I hate but the money is excellent.

ReputationRep:
    Save some money and get a place of your own. You will have more freedom and more space to yourself that way.

You don't need lots of friends, just a few close ones. If you want to meet more people, having you tried attending events or volunteering? Do you get on with any of your colleagues?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richard10012)
    I am 30 years old. I don't have many friends. Never had a relationship. Still live at home. I just resigned from my job and now doing something I hate but the money is excellent.

Let me tell you this: Life can and always will get better.

You may feel down as ever right now (although chances are you've been less happier before), and you may feel like you are not where you want to be in life. But what you can know for sure, is that life will get better. Although it may be hard to believe, the worse life gets, the better it becomes. Everything, including and especially life, is in a perfectly balanced and fair cycle. What goes around, comes around. Point is, life can and will change drastically - and nobody can ever see it coming. The only thing you can know, is that however you are feeling right now, whether that be happy or sad, it will end - and will be reversed.

Getting back to your situation - Don't worry too much about friends, they will get you nowhere in life in most cases. Be glad that you are making excellent money - this is a great situation (in itself) to be in. Why not use the money and all the rest of your time wisely - in such a way that will secure yourself a very comfortable and happy future? Remember: if you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.

Many people don't realize that when you are alone and have no friends (and including and ESPECIALLY a relationship), you are almost entirely free to do what EVER you want. You can start a business and work 70 hours weeks if you wanted to. You can do whatever you want to essentially. This is almost impossible when you are tied down with the social relationships that are responsible for our civilization.

I cannot stress this enough - make the most of this limited opportunity! It has been a long time coming, and it will be a very very long time gone. Consider that maybe, just maybe, you are alone now in order for you to be able to do something amazing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.