Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

We've had a few people asking for opportunities to chat one-on-one with some of our current students, and we're excited to announce that you can now do that! You can ask them any questions you have about their university experience, read through their blog posts and get to know more about Royal Holloway through a students' point of view.

You can check that out here!

I hope you guys find this useful. Let me know if you have any blog post ideas for our students!

Summer

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Royal Holloway is looking to being my first choice, but unless I can get accommodation for all three years it would just be too expensive. If I applied for accommodation as soon as the applications open, would I find it easy to gain accommodation? Or are the waiting lists normally very very long? Or are the waiting lists mainly for those who apply a bit later? Thank you x
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmileyFaces1/)
    Hi, Royal Holloway is looking to being my first choice, but unless I can get accommodation for all three years it would just be too expensive. If I applied for accommodation as soon as the applications open, would I find it easy to gain accommodation? Or are the waiting lists normally very very long? Or are the waiting lists mainly for those who apply a bit later? Thank you x
    Hi SmileyFaces,

First years are guaranteed accommodation as long as they apply by the deadline. For second and third years applying to be in Halls, all rooms are allocated to first year students first and then allocated any spare rooms to second and third years. The earlier you apply for the waiting list the better, however there is no guarantee of getting these halls as this will depend on how many rooms are filled up by first year students.

In terms of private accommodation being too pricey, that's really not the case. My second and third year house were around the same cost as my place in Halls during first year, and there is such a variety of options available you are able to find affordable private housing.

Summer

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.