Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been terminated from my university (leicester). I was a second years student and due to a lot of mitigating circumstances I failed half of my joint honours degree, with one of the modules being just below the requirements for the resit without residence option. I appealed but the university said that I should have told them about the mitigating circumstances earlier, and it looks like they have no intention of letting me back in. Do I have a shot at a decent university (e.g. aberdeen) if i explain the circumstances
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Seraphia17)
    I have been terminated from my university (leicester). I was a second years student and due to a lot of mitigating circumstances I failed half of my joint honours degree, with one of the modules being just below the requirements for the resit without residence option. I appealed but the university said that I should have told them about the mitigating circumstances earlier, and it looks like they have no intention of letting me back in. Do I have a shot at a decent university (e.g. aberdeen) if i explain the circumstances
    You should contact them informally.
    the fact you are a failing student doesnt help. If your MC are medical then hopefully you have medical evidence to support you. Jpopefully you have good A levels an did well in Year 1.

As you are a second year then you will either have to pay year 1 yourself or get a transfer into year 2. Alternatively you cam apply to SFE for a compelling personal reason claim.

ReputationRep:
    I did have good first year results and I was hoping for a transfer to year 2. I was just wondering if I was overreaching with the university. I submitted MC but my current university felt that they should have been notified earlier and I did pass the modules related to the course I want to transfer to. As for alevels I got BBCD and they are asking for BBB so I'm not sure if that's a point against me or not

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.