Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would this make things awkward? Watch

ReputationRep:
    There's a girl at uni that I like. We are both part of the same society and she is the main person that I talk to. We get on really well and I am thinking of asking her out for a drink. If she says no would things become awkward between the 2 of us?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Only if you make things awkward, just continue living your life like normal. What guys tend to do after getting rejected is act really clingy because they want to stay friends and it comes off as desperate, that's what makes things awkward. If she decides she doesn't want to be your friend, then that's her problem.

ReputationRep:
    I started uni, always been quite confident so i been talking to alot of girls to the point where most my friends are girls. I was in the same situation where i liked one girl who was in all my lectures and we used to sit together. Didnt wanna make it weird incase of anything. But now she is my girlfriend and we been together for a year.

The key is just subtly make a move, going for a drink? you couldn't have said anything better, because it is casual. I took mine clubbing but same thing, because the point is its something friends can do. You dont wanna go in all guns blazing telling her u like her and we should go out to eat or to cinema thats too much.

Yeah man drinks are the best way to get to know someone more. Premotes conversation, can leave whenever, options to even go out somewhere else after. You're an expert son

ReputationRep:
    When i say subtly i dont mean take too long at the same time. Because if you take way too long to make a move you will be firmly placed in that zoneno guy wants to be in

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.