Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rise in hate crimes against Muslim places of worship Watch

(Original post by anarchism101)
      Primordialist rubbish.
      And we have a conflict already

(Original post by Ribbit1234)
      Really? I mean I'm a follower of Islam and have never been violent towards non Muslims or had any 'conflicts' with anyone. Inevitable LOOOLL.

Ignorant idiotic prats from all backgrounds would be hateful with some resorting to violence - that's inevitable. Not normal people. For the majority of people, non-Muslim and Muslim alike, we get along and go about our daily lives without thinking about how we conflict with each other. Literally besides 0.1% of mentally unstable people, no one sits around and thinks about how they can attack other people for having different beliefs to them.
      There are other conflicts besides violence. Political conflict, for example, where ethnic and religious lines play a significant part in the political party you vote for. In the more ethnically diverse countries, political parties based around ethnic groups are common. In some European countries, like the Netherlands, you see it in the more diverse cities - Denk (the Turkish ethnic party) and the far-right party both have the highest vote shares, and I can assure you very few whites vote Denk, and very few Turks vote far-right.

These conflicts eventually escalate, and then we get violence.

ReputationRep:
      Really? I mean I'm a follower of Islam and have never been violent towards non Muslims or had any 'conflicts' with anyone. Inevitable LOOOLL.

Ignorant idiotic prats from all backgrounds would be hateful with some resorting to violence - that's inevitable. Not normal people. For the majority of people, non-Muslim and Muslim alike, we get along and go about our daily lives without thinking about how we conflict with each other. Literally besides 0.1% of mentally unstable people, no one sits around and thinks about how they can attack other people for having different beliefs to them.
      You believe Muhammad was mentally unstable?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Onde)
      Loll I see what ur trying to do. U can make all the claims u want about him, but he was the best man to ever live. Peace be upon him

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mathemagicien)
      And we have a conflict already

There are other conflicts besides violence. Political conflict, for example, where ethnic and religious lines play a significant part in the political party you vote for. In the more ethnically diverse countries, political parties based around ethnic groups are common. In some European countries, like the Netherlands, you see it in the more diverse cities - Denk (the Turkish ethnic party) and the far-right party both have the highest vote shares, and I can assure you very few whites vote Denk, and very few Turks vote far-right.

These conflicts eventually escalate, and then we get violence.
      I don't care much for political parties and their policies. They are all lead and run by rich people who only serve their own agenda to keep themselves rich. They couldn't care less about anyone else and deliberately divide people which helps them continue to rule over them (Turks and whites)

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Onde)
      If you didn't know the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) used to live peacefully alongside many people from other religions such as Jews and was never violent against them.

ReputationRep:
      Perhaps if we were allowed to actually criticise Islam you would find fewer people attacking innocent muslims.

ReputationRep:
      U can make all the claims u want about him, but he was the best man to ever live.
      Well, that's obvious nonsense.
      Any man who has never had anyone tortured to death is a "better man".
      Your average hard-working, responsible, peaceful, loving family man is a "better man".
      My dad is a better man than Muhammad.
      Your dad is probably a better man than Muhammad.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Sabz152)
      If you didn't know the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) used to live peacefully alongside many people from other religions such as Jews and was never violent against them.
      If they accepted dhimmitude and payed jizya, yes.
      However, we have slight problem of all the military campaigns he waged against other tribes and groups who refused to submit to Islam.

And just because the violent mugger doesn't beat up his neighbours doesn't mean that he never beats up anyone.

ReputationRep:
      Any attack on peaceful civilians is unacceptable, regardless of who the victim or the perpetrator is, and regardless of the level of violence involved or the claimed justification. I unequivocally condemn them.
      • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by amaraub)
      It's hard for people who want to fight this threat as they don't what to actually fight, as the threat is everywhere.

I'm not justifying any form of violence at all though.
      Peaceful practice of a religion is not a threat. Neither is being brown. Yet that is what innocent people are being attacked for. There can be no justification for that.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by limetang)
      Perhaps if we were allowed to actually criticise Islam you would find fewer people attacking innocent muslims.
      What the **** are you on?

You think its reasonable response to not being able to verbally assault people is to resort to physically assaulting them?

ReputationRep:
      Nope no other man possess the perfect quality of patience, respect, integrity and everything else a son the beloved prophet pbuh
      (Original post by QE2)
      Well, that's obvious nonsense.
      Any man who has never had anyone tortured to death is a "better man".
      Your average hard-working, responsible, peaceful, loving family man is a "better man".
      My dad is a better man than Muhammad.
      Your dad is probably a better man than Muhammad.
      • Community Assistant
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by looloo2134)
      the synagogue around the corner from me has 24 hours CCTV bag searches an alarm and guards outside during times of worship. Don't think that Muslim places of worship only get attack because there been rise on attack on other religious building as well.
      In fairness I have been past synogogues in london and they've had armed guards. If a muslim place of worship did that, there would be tonnes of protest / potential conflict (be it non-violent or violent).

That being said, I have noticed since last year april, every friday there is always police parked outside mosques in Luton.

ReputationRep:
      Nope no other man possess the perfect quality of patience, respect, integrity and everything else a son the beloved prophet pbuh
      So you think that having people tortured to death is a sign of perfect character?
      How about executing prisoners? A good or bad thing?
      Having sex with a 9 year old child? Ideal or unacceptable role model?
      Is calling people "the worst of creatures" or calling women "deficient in intelligence" showing respect?

Ghandi displayed the qualities you list more than Muhammad. And the Dalai Lama. Or Nelson Mandela.

Let's face it. You think these things about Muhammad because that's what you've been told to think about him. You don't actually have anything to support your assertion, do you? Even the Quran and sunnah contradict you!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Dez)
      Peaceful practice of a religion is not a threat. Neither is being brown. Yet that is what innocent people are being attacked for. There can be no justification for that.
      yep. There's people who are angry because there are unjustified attacks on innocents and the attackers claim to do it in the name of their 'religion'. Other people begin to generalise and that leads to more violence and hatred unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by mojojojo101)
      What the **** are you on?

You think its reasonable response to not being able to verbally assault people is to resort to physically assaulting them?
      That would be an outrageous thing to say .... good thing that’s not what I said isn’t it?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.