Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it worth applying to economics and management OXFORD with my grades? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello all just looking for some honest opinions. Did alright at gcse (7a*s 3As and 1B) however AS levels weren't so good:

A maths
    A economics
    B further maths
    B physics

Predicted:

A* maths
    A* economics
    A further maths

Do u think it's worth applying considering I have had 3 B's? Will I instantly be put inst the reject pile ?! *cries*. I have other thinks like independent studies, EPQ, LIBF diploma a*, work experience and etc.

Basically is It worth my while considering people from my school are also applying with higher grades ??

Thankssss ahah

ReputationRep:
    What is an LIBF diploma and how did you do it?

ReputationRep:
    I know this isn't answering your question.. but hasn't the early applicant (Oxbridge/medicine etc) deadline already passed?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    My advice would be to work really hard this year, see what grades you get and then apply next time round. Then you're not wasting your time and know where you're at. If you've got your application ready though there's no harm in trying, just don't get your hopes up too high and try not to take a rejection too personally. Good luck I'll move this over to the Oxbridge forums where people will have a better idea for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vityamins)
    What is an LIBF diploma and how did you do it?
    I taught myself - it has 8 exams in total and u can sign up online I think in the London institute of banking and finance website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dlaws.)
    I know this isn't answering your question.. but hasn't the early applicant (Oxbridge/medicine etc) deadline already passed?
    I've applied - but I can still take itt out basically haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    My advice would be to work really hard this year, see what grades you get and then apply next time round. Then you're not wasting your time and know where you're at. If you've got your application ready though there's no harm in trying, just don't get your hopes up too high and try not to take a rejection too personally. Good luck I'll move this over to the Oxbridge forums where people will have a better idea for you
    Good advice and thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose12343546)
    I taught myself - it has 8 exams in total and u can sign up online I think in the London institute of banking and finance website
    Thank you, I've been looking for economics and finance qualifications I can do outside of the syllabus.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.