Is it worth applying to economics and management OXFORD with my grades?

Watch
Rose12343546
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello all just looking for some honest opinions. Did alright at gcse (7a*s 3As and 1B) however AS levels weren't so good:

A maths
A economics
B further maths
B physics

Predicted:

A* maths
A* economics
A further maths

Do u think it's worth applying considering I have had 3 B's? Will I instantly be put inst the reject pile ?! *cries*. I have other thinks like independent studies, EPQ, LIBF diploma a*, work experience and etc.

Basically is It worth my while considering people from my school are also applying with higher grades ??

Thankssss ahah
vityamins
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What is an LIBF diploma and how did you do it?
dlaws.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I know this isn't answering your question.. but hasn't the early applicant (Oxbridge/medicine etc) deadline already passed?
furryface12
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My advice would be to work really hard this year, see what grades you get and then apply next time round. Then you're not wasting your time and know where you're at. If you've got your application ready though there's no harm in trying, just don't get your hopes up too high and try not to take a rejection too personally. Good luck I'll move this over to the Oxbridge forums where people will have a better idea for you
Rose12343546
Rep:
?
(Original post by vityamins)
What is an LIBF diploma and how did you do it?
I taught myself - it has 8 exams in total and u can sign up online I think in the London institute of banking and finance website
Rose12343546
Rep:
?
(Original post by dlaws.)
I know this isn't answering your question.. but hasn't the early applicant (Oxbridge/medicine etc) deadline already passed?
I've applied - but I can still take itt out basically haha
Rose12343546
Rep:
?
(Original post by furryface12)
My advice would be to work really hard this year, see what grades you get and then apply next time round. Then you're not wasting your time and know where you're at. If you've got your application ready though there's no harm in trying, just don't get your hopes up too high and try not to take a rejection too personally. Good luck I'll move this over to the Oxbridge forums where people will have a better idea for you
Good advice and thanks
vityamins
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rose12343546)
I taught myself - it has 8 exams in total and u can sign up online I think in the London institute of banking and finance website
Thank you, I've been looking for economics and finance qualifications I can do outside of the syllabus.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (150)
54.74%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (38)
13.87%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.31%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.49%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.84%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.74%

Watched Threads