Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys - do you cheek-kiss or 'air kiss' a girl you don't like? Watch

I've had a crush on a coworker for a couple of months now. He has displayed some confusing signs towards me so I'm not entirely sure if he likes me back. I'm more inclined to believe that he doesn't, because he doesn't do the really 'obvious' signs e.g. message me, initiate conversation, ask me questions, etc.

However, one thing I noticed that he does is that when I hug him goodbye he gives me a quick cheek kiss goodbye. I'm sure there's nothing in it except him being friendly, but it has made me quite curious because normally i find the guys that do that are the overly flirtatious kind, or drunk. This guys is relatively reserved and shy so it surprised me.

So guys - do you 'friendly kiss' females generally, or is it only if you like them like that?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've had a crush on a coworker for a couple of months now. He has displayed some confusing signs towards me so I'm not entirely sure if he likes me back. I'm more inclined to believe that he doesn't, because he doesn't do the really 'obvious' signs e.g. message me, initiate conversation, ask me questions, etc.

However, one thing I noticed that he does is that when I hug him goodbye he gives me a quick cheek kiss goodbye. I'm sure there's nothing in it except him being friendly, but it has made me quite curious because normally i find the guys that do that are the overly flirtatious kind, or drunk. This guys is relatively reserved and shy so it surprised me.

So guys - do you 'friendly kiss' females generally, or is it only if you like them like that?
    Every guy is different, I personally don't friendly kiss girls but some guys might.

I think you should flirt a bit, he could well be shy and is waiting to see if you display any signs.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    He wants your sugga walls

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.