Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, who's doing NCS this Autumn... The starting dates are either 20th October or 21st October, and I'm doing the 21st October one.... Also does anyone have previous experiences with the Autumn NCS?

ReputationRep:
    IM doing 21st in Wycombe
    it better be good 😂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the 23rd. I'm excited and it should be fun.

ReputationRep:
    What’s NCS? 😂

ReputationRep:
    Isn’t it a bit pointless to do it if you already have done gold DofE and do loads of extracurricular stuff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by topazz)
    Hey guys, who's doing NCS this Autumn... The starting dates are either 20th October or 21st October, and I'm doing the 21st October one.... Also does anyone have previous experiences with the Autumn NCS?
    I didn't do the autumn one but I did Ncs in the summer this year and it was great! Although I found the second phase a bit dull but others in my group enjoyed it. Hope you have fun!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing NCS Manchester too!! Mine starts on the 21st

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VirgoStrain)
    Isn’t it a bit pointless to do it if you already have done gold DofE and do loads of extracurricular stuff?
    anything extra is always good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tdag)
    anything extra is always good
    Fair enough... but I volunteered at my local library for 2 months this year rather than do NCS. Since it’s such a common activity for people, I can’t imagine it counts for much on a personal statement, especially if you can prove so easily you do loads of extra stuff out of school.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough... but I volunteered at my local library for 2 months this year rather than do NCS. Since it’s such a common activity for people, I can’t imagine it counts for much on a personal statement, especially if you can prove so easily you do loads of extra stuff out of school.
    Makes sense...but if its such a common activity surely you should be doing it too, that's literally the only reason why I'm doing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tdag)
    Makes sense...but if its such a common activity surely you should be doing it too, that's literally the only reason why I'm doing it.
    I’ve got so much stuff to do... piano exam in November, viola exam in 2018, revision for 2 extra language GCSE’s (I’m in yr12), a competition entry, a school project, applying for work experience and entering competitions, doing LAMDA exams, performing in a school play, orchestra, acapella, doing Electronics A2 in one year on top of my current Maths, FM, Physics and Chem... and I’ve got loads of past things I did like Grade 6 Music theory, Electronics GCSE, having entered my gcse project to smaller local competition which won a prize for real world use... I’ll have more than enough to put on my PS. Doing NCS would be a nice addition, but I haven’t got time to do it, and it wouldn’t carry any value when combined with the above things I do.

ReputationRep:
    I’ve got so much stuff to do... piano exam in November, viola exam in 2018, revision for 2 extra language GCSE’s (I’m in yr12), a competition entry, a school project, applying for work experience and entering competitions, doing LAMDA exams, performing in a school play, orchestra, acapella, doing Electronics A2 in one year on top of my current Maths, FM, Physics and Chem... and I’ve got loads of past things I did like Grade 6 Music theory, Electronics GCSE, having entered my gcse project to smaller local competition which won a prize for real world use... I’ll have more than enough to put on my PS. Doing NCS would be a nice addition, but I haven’t got time to do it, and it wouldn’t carry any value when combined with the above things I do.
    Jesus Christ.........you probably don't need it then XD

ReputationRep:
    Is a suitcase too extra ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.