Wildnatxox
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have to revise about rivers , erosion etc
What's the best way to actually revise and remember what you learnt
Especially how rivers , meanders , ox-bow lakes etc are formed and the different types of Erosion and being able to describe each one of them
I always forget or get them mixed up :/
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Wildnatxox)
Especially how rivers , meanders , ox-bow lakes etc are formed and the different types of Erosion and being able to describe each one of them
Diagrams can be really useful to visualise how different landforms develop over time. To remember different processes, I like to write out the definitions of each in turn until I remember the differences between them. The names of each process can give hints about what they are as well, for example solution is where soluble particles are dissolved and removed in the river water, and abrasion is where rock fragments being transported scrape against the river bed and banks, eroding them over time (just like sandpaper is used as an abrasive material)
AH215
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Wildnatxox)
Personally when studying for my N5 Exam I just answered question after question but that was for Coastal not Rivers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (90)
64.75%
I don't have everything I need (49)
35.25%

Watched Threads