Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have to revise about rivers , erosion etc
    What's the best way to actually revise and remember what you learnt
    Especially how rivers , meanders , ox-bow lakes etc are formed and the different types of Erosion and being able to describe each one of them
    I always forget or get them mixed up :/
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wildnatxox)
    Especially how rivers , meanders , ox-bow lakes etc are formed and the different types of Erosion and being able to describe each one of them
    Diagrams can be really useful to visualise how different landforms develop over time. To remember different processes, I like to write out the definitions of each in turn until I remember the differences between them. The names of each process can give hints about what they are as well, for example solution is where soluble particles are dissolved and removed in the river water, and abrasion is where rock fragments being transported scrape against the river bed and banks, eroding them over time (just like sandpaper is used as an abrasive material)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wildnatxox)
    Personally when studying for my N5 Exam I just answered question after question but that was for Coastal not Rivers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.