Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my gcses at the moment and want to know if i could study in canada with just my gcses?

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    Definately not

ReputationRep:
    With just GCSE's????? No university, regardless of country, will consider you without A levels or equivalent (BTEC or IB)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shiba_Inu)
    With just GCSE's????? No university, regardless of country, will consider you without A levels or equivalent (BTEC or IB)
    So, enrolling in a british school in canada for A levels is my best choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maverick911)
    Either that, or complete your A-Levels (or equiv.) and then apply as an international student to a Canadian University.

ReputationRep:
    If I were you, I'd stay in the UK to study A levels and consider going to university in Canada after that. However, be aware you cannot get a student loan for Canadian university, so you will need to pay fees upfront.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epitype)
    Either that, or complete your A-Levels (or equiv.) and then apply as an international student to a Canadian University.
    This may sound silly but could i apply as an international student for my A levels?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my gcses at the moment and want to know if i could study in canada with just my gcses?
    Just GCSEs no, with AS Levels, potentially, with A Levels, definitely.

But be aware that with the new AS/A Level structure not all sixth forms/colleges will be entering students for AS Level qualifications, so you would probably be best off complete A Levels.

Finding a school in Canada to do A Levels at would be pretty difficult. COBIS doesn't have any schools there, for example.
    And as their system is so different, transferring into a Canadian High School to complete a High School Diploma could also be complicated.

ReputationRep:
    It really all depends where you go, i.e. province and/ or university. If you were to go to Ontario, probably not. If you go to Nova Scotia or New Brunswick, then it's possible. You have a good chance in getting in a community college there. In most community colleges (especially in smaller provinces) offer courses to get your grades up. If you could email the universities there, they will give you a better understanding in what they are looking for. Trust me I have talked to some of the universities/ college there that would accept me - even with just my GCSEs. Although, if you could finish college/sixth form (until your 18) you have a better chance. Hope this helped! x

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.