Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ladies, what attracts you to a guy, like what things do you look for in a man?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It totally depends on ones age, it's different as you get older.

As a teen you go totally for the physical attraction (nice legs, butt, shoulders, eyes)
    but as you grow you realise how superficial that is and eventually go for for the following:

DOES HE MAKE YOU LAUGH?
    How the guy treats you, does he clearly adore you, and behave that way
    How he speaks about you to others - is he always respectful?
    Is he interesting - can you talk about anything for hours and not get bored?
    Does he enjoy the same things you do?
    Does he want to be with you but not control or smother you?
    Does he look after you when you're not well?
    Is he there when you need him or has he run for the hills as soon as anything needs to be done?

Then it's things like will he be a good father, what is his family life like and so on.

ReputationRep:
    don't think it depends on age, some people are just less mature than others but I'd say the top 2 things are being funny and being kind

ReputationRep:
    It's more about growing hormones. Teenagers have raging hormones so go for the physical.

ReputationRep:
    In my experience it doesn't depend on your age^^

I'm a teenager and I'm rarely attracted to someone purely because of their looks. Generally I'm attracted to someone if they're funny, intelligent, caring, kind, confident, ambitious, loving etc. Someone who is like a best friend and who I can feel completely myself with. Someone I can trust. Looks aren't that important to me (but if they're good-looking I won't complain )

ReputationRep:
    nice looks, nice body, good head of hair, height really makes a difference, confidence and then how you treat people

ReputationRep:
    I find guys with lots of money attractive lmao #allaboutthatgolddiggerlife

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purdy7)
    It totally depends on ones age, it's different as you get older.

As a teen you go totally for the physical attraction (nice legs, butt, shoulders, eyes)
    but as you grow you realise how superficial that is and eventually go for for the following:

DOES HE MAKE YOU LAUGH?
    How the guy treats you, does he clearly adore you, and behave that way
    How he speaks about you to others - is he always respectful?
    Is he interesting - can you talk about anything for hours and not get bored?
    Does he enjoy the same things you do?
    Does he want to be with you but not control or smother you?
    Does he look after you when you're not well?
    Is he there when you need him or has he run for the hills as soon as anything needs to be done?

Then it's things like will he be a good father, what is his family life like and so on.
    Basically this

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.