Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR A Physics Hardest Topics? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering on your opinions on what the hardest and easiest Physics topics are for OCR A.

How hard would you say motion is (SUVAT, projectiles etc.), it’s taken a while to get my head around it and I definitely need to practice it. If it’s the ‘easiest’ topic then I may struggle.

Also, are the grade boundaries low for a hard subject?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on each individual for me personally I found motion to be one of the easiest along with the electricity topics but I struggled more with waves which is towards the end of AS, I’ve only just started my second year but so far so good nothing too difficult as of yet! For motion a lot of it is just recognising which equation to use so for suvat our teachers made us draw up a table of horizontal and vertical components and put in what the question had given us so we could see what we were working with, if your not already doing this I’d definitely recommend it. Other than that it is just all practise try and pick a few random questions each weekend from topics you’ve covered so you are staying on top of everything.
    The grade boundaries do tend to be lower for physics and are also quite close in terms of grades so the difference between an A and B may just be 4 marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethaniteddy)
    I think it depends on each individual for me personally I found motion to be one of the easiest along with the electricity topics but I struggled more with waves which is towards the end of AS, I’ve only just started my second year but so far so good nothing too difficult as of yet! For motion a lot of it is just recognising which equation to use so for suvat our teachers made us draw up a table of horizontal and vertical components and put in what the question had given us so we could see what we were working with, if your not already doing this I’d definitely recommend it. Other than that it is just all practise try and pick a few random questions each weekend from topics you’ve covered so you are staying on top of everything.
    The grade boundaries do tend to be lower for physics and are also quite close in terms of grades so the difference between an A and B may just be 4 marks.
    Thanks for this. How confident did you feel about each topic in the middle/at the end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fonzworth)
    Thanks for this. How confident did you feel about each topic in the middle/at the end?
    Closer to exams everything just fell into place really so I felt a lot more confident taking the exam, just don’t worry if your first few tests aren’t where you want to be at the end of the year, I remember my class was called back because we had all failed the first mock test but at the end of the year everyone ended up with an A/B. You just have to stick with it tbh but it can be difficult. Good luck anyway!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.