Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

College are making me drop a subject or two? Watch

ReputationRep:
    **Apologies for probably being in the wrong forum section, I couldn’t find the right one to put it in because they aren’t very clear for school/college related issue forum sections**

So basically almost a month ago I was getting stressed over college work and the mock grades I got (E, U, D*). I also was (and still am) suffering from severe depression and did something that left me with a back injury and meant I wasn’t able to go to college after a week in hospital.

I had a meeting today to discuss when I’m able to go back. They basically said I can do two days next week and then after half term come back full time. Alongside this, they’ve also made me drop a subject (the one I did the worst in) and potentially one of the two others that were left.

This has made me feel much worse today. I didn’t want to drop any subjects. After my mocks, they had already made me drop EPQ (which I had no interest in anyway but had wanted to continue which they let me do but my tutor got involved and long story) and almost made me drop the subject that I’m now dropping (I got to continue through the skin of my teeth).

I had hopes to go to uni so that I could be independent and away from my narcissistic mother and autistic brother (I have autism too, so this isn’t against autism, he just has a lot of meltdowns). Now I know it won’t be possible and I’m quite upset over it.

They also suggested that next year I go to the other local college to continue the subject I’m doing my best in, but that college is more for people who failed secondary school (I didn’t) and take drugs etc, so obviously I said “no” as soon as they suggested the idea.

The fact they suggested I keep with only one subject initially upset me a great deal. Everyone else is gaining higher grades, doing 3-4 A Levels + an extra curricular activity and I could end up doing just one and I just feel so awful about it.

Just a little lost and distressed and wandering if this happened to anyone else?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.