Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey im.a 31 single dad raising 2 girls age 8 and 9 on my own.. i have a gf who I afore to bits and id love to have a baby but she doesn't want one I don't get it i am.a brilliant dad and a good role model for my children I adore them to bits yet why do I see dead beat men get women pregnant ans run ans never see ther kids yet I would love a baby and can't it really breaks my heart what do I do if I was a dead beat then fair enough but I raise my 2 girls on my own have done for years ....im.a legend as my girls call me lol what do I do

ReputationRep:
    don't have kids
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I don't get your question. You're a good dad therefore all women should want to have kids with you? She doesn't want any simply because kids are not for her. You've already got two kids, I think thats enough mate...

ReputationRep:
    you already have kids lol.

maybe she wants to have a baby with an intelligent guy who knows what grammar is?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its all well and good that you are a good dad but it all depends on your scenario. Firstly how long have you been with your girlfriend, does she genuinely love you and has she told you/does she behave like she loves you? Also how old is she, although I guess thats not entirely relevant...

You won't like to hear it but here it is, the problem might not be that she doesn't want kids but more that she doesn't want kids with you.
    You might be a nice guy, heck you might be a great guy but - heres the part I didn't want to say - its pretty hard to accept another mans kids into your life for good. She might get on really well with your kids and you but she could just be dating you just to pass the time. I've known many girls/women who have dated dads just for the time, none of them had any intention at all to settle down with them and most don't unless shes of a certain age and can't afford to be fussy or she has kids herself.

If she might want kids in the future chances are shes going to want to have a family with a man who doesn't have any kids either and their family will be just theirs - him, her and their children - no stepchildren. I know that sounds like a very unfair and selfish and horrible thing to say but that is the truth. Hell I even know a lot of dads who would much rather start a new family with a woman without kids than with one who does have kids. Theres just something about taking on someone elses children that most people can't stand. And if your girlfriend ever had a child with you and it didn't last then shes always going to have that connection with you and your kids - as her child will obviously be its half-sibling... yeah you already know that

I know it sounds rude but shes actually smart to be careful here, too many broken families as it is. I commend people who want to pick an unattached man and have kids with him.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.