Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey guys
    So recently I have been experiencing a persistent itch down there. It's horrible and it just won't go away no matter what I do. And when I do itch down there it bleeds and I don't know where it's coming from. Also it also smell pretty bad too. I'm sorry, I am really embarrassed and I don't think I can't go to a doctor coz I'm too ashamed

I have doing my research and I found out that it could be cancer or a yeast infection. However i have experienced itching before and it has gone away in a day or two. This has been going on for the past 2 weeks and it's getting unbearable. I also experience discharge that it white to almost brown in colour. But it's mostly white most of the time.

I have also lost my appitite. I dont know if that is contributing to it or not. Please someone put my mind at ease and tell me whats wrong with me. I am sorry for the gross details but i have no one to talk to

I am a 19 year old girl btw.

And btw I know it's not an STD because I'm a virgin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey guys
    So recently I have been experiencing a persistent itch down there. It's horrible and it just won't go away no matter what I do. And when I do itch down there it bleeds and I don't know where it's coming from. Also it also smell pretty bad too. I'm sorry, I am really embarrassed and I don't think I can't go to a doctor coz I'm too ashamed

I have doing my research and I found out that it could be cancer or a yeast infection. However i have experienced itching before and it has gone away in a day or two. This has been going on for the past 2 weeks and it's getting unbearable. I also experience discharge that it white to almost brown in colour. But it's mostly white most of the time.

I have also lost my appitite. I dont know if that is contributing to it or not. Please someone put my mind at ease and tell me whats wrong with me. I am sorry for the gross details but i have no one to talk to

No one on here will be able to diagnose you. Just pull yourself together and make an appointment with your GP. It’s nothing they haven’t seen a thousand times before.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

In all seriousness, just go to a doctor; they have treated countless people with "embarrassing" conditions and will handle it professionally. Asking students won't get you anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    All google based clinical investigations lead to a horrible cancer diagnosis.

It's likely thrush. Go see your GP or local GUM clinic, request a female doc if you have to. They'll have seen this countless times in the past.

ReputationRep:
    Go to your GP or walk-in centre. It is better to be safe than sorry and who cares what they think about you. I would rather someone laugh at me or not take me seriously than not going and not getting the right treatment or knowing whether it is cancer.

The appetite bit is probably because you are anxious about this sort of thing and if it will get better. (basically, you are really worried.)

Would you rather be ashamed or have it get more painful, unbearable and maybe even fatal.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    Hey guys

Please go to a doctor as soon as possible. It's probably something minor but you shouldn't risk it. No one here will be able to diagnose it and Googling will just make you more worried.

A doctor will be experienced and will be used to patients being embarassed so you don't need to worry.

ReputationRep:
    It's much much more likely to be something other than cancer. Don't google the symptoms because you'll worry yourself sick - just book an appointment with your GP. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Listen to these amazing people. I just came from a GP visit and I was so nervous but it's done now. And worth it.

Hey guys

I know how it feels to have a female problem and need to go to the doctors about it (I'm 18 and I had an issue just a few months ago). I know it feels scary and daunting that something needs to be done about it, but please try not to feel ashamed - our problem isn't even something which you caused. (when I went it was because I did something which then turned into an infection and I felt like a bit of an idiot) I'd say that <1% of women live their entire lives without having to go to see a doctor about a lady problem. They are nothing to be ashamed about.

If you are able to, maybe ask/tell your mum about it, or another female who you are close to, as this will probably help give you courage to then open up to a doctor.

It's probably just thrush. Most women get this at some point in their lives. Try to ring the doctors, and ask to see a female GP. Good luck
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hey guys

Far more likely to be an infection than cancer. Just call your drs surgery, say you think you have an infection and see if you can get an urgent appointment. Also, try your best not to itch it and avoid putting any products like soap down there.

There's nothing to be ashamed of. You can get infections in any number of places for any number of reasons, including wearing tight clothes on a hot day. No doctor is going to care how it happened or that it's in an embarrassing place.

ReputationRep:
    probs a bad case of thrush. Go see the GP or to a clinic; 100% guaranteed they have seen something worse, smelled something worse, etc. GUM clinic nurses literally have their hands all up in someone's genital funk for 6ish hours a day. They're used to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    In all seriousness, just go to a doctor; they have treated countless people with "embarrassing" conditions and will handle it professionally. Asking students won't get you anywhere.
    Unless you ask med students
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, googling your symptoms is the worst thing to do they always take you to the worst possible scenario. I would just go to your doctor, even though you're embarrassed it is better to be safe than sorry and I bet the appointment will fly by. Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12ksmith)
    Unless you ask med students
    Yes, because med students can diagnose a condition based off text on a student forum, then actually go prescribe a drug to treat it.

(Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    Yes, because med students can diagnose a condition based off text on a student forum, then actually go prescribe a drug to treat it.
    No, but they can point you in the right direction. They can attempt to lessen the OP’s worry. They actually (well we hope) know what they are on about as opposed to some other random student.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    It's probably just thrush. Honestly, go to your doctor. Don't be embarrassed, GPs see cases like this a lot, and it is their job. You're only making things worse for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    No, but they can point you in the right direction. They can attempt to lessen the OP’s worry. They actually (well we hope) know what they are on about as opposed to some other random student.
    The people telling OP to go visit a doctor are pointing her in the right direction.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly it's probably thrush or BV. Grab some cannesten (the one with the pill you take too) and see if it clears up - If not go to your doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

it could be bacterial vaginosis (if your discharge smells "fishy")

but yeah, see the doctor

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.