Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i am currently in year 11 right now and i saw that last year grade boundaries where quite low i mean for maths you at least needed 20 marks on each paper to get a band 5 on the higher tier.How long would the grade boundaries remain low for??Can you guys predict what the grade boundaries will be for 2018 ??

ReputationRep:
    Same if lower as more of us are doing the 9-1.

ReputationRep:
    Well Im quite average at maths and got a 7 last year (so they may be a slight increase), but ive heard when a new specificaton is introduced the grade boundaries tend to remain low and then increase over time, like the grade boundaries for science. The grade boundaries will increase for sure but it shouldn't be anything too significant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k0zaf)
    i am currently in year 11 right now and i saw that last year grade boundaries where quite low i mean for maths you at least needed 20 marks on each paper to get a band 5 on the higher tier.How long would the grade boundaries remain low for??Can you guys predict what the grade boundaries will be for 2018 ??
    no, 9-1 exams have only been sat in 3 subjects, and even for those 3, it's impossible to gauge grade boundaries unless the exams have actually been sat, even then "predictions" are often inaccurate.

ReputationRep:
    I did the new exams last year and the best advice I can give you is to not think about where the grade boundaries may be. If you are someone who's aim for English and maths is to pass , just work your butt off! And also ground boundaries change every year and aren't set until all exams are have been sat. Good luck and as long as you work hard you will be fine!
    • Very Important Poster

You always make me laugh when you go on about predicted grade boundaries .Always comforting to know how many examiners who can tell the future just happen to be on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    You always make me laugh when you go on about predicted grade boundaries .Always comforting to know how many examiners who can tell the future just happen to be on TSR.
    Sorry what?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by rubiemayy)
    Sorry what?
    Sorry wasnt directed at you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rubiemayy)
    Sorry what?
    the comment was aimed at the original poster

ReputationRep:
    Ok I know, there is no point trying to predict it! It's impossible tbh

ReputationRep:
    Most people do this thing where they @ or quote who their response is meant for..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    Most people do this thing where they @ or quote who their response is meant for..
    not really if you're replying to the OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    not really if you're replying to the OP.
    Clearly it wasn't clear enough as another person thought it was directed towards them.

ReputationRep:
    you always make me laugh when you go on about predicted grade boundaries .always comforting to know how many examiners who can tell the future just happen to be on tsr.
    loooool!! Relax g

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.