Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm an International student from the U.S who's applying to Oxford, LSE, Warwick and UCL for E&M and Economics. I was wondering if my scores were up to par and what the average scores are like for a U.S applicant and if there was any advice you could give. I was also wondering if an open application was considered subpar to an direct college application for Oxford. Is it seen as indecisive. Thanks!

AP Scores: 5 on AP United States History
    5 on AP English Language and Composition
    5 on MacroEconomics(Predicted)
    5 on Gov and Politics(Predicted)
    5 on Statistics(Predicted)
    SAT Subject
    750/800 for Math Level 2
    ACT
    34/36
    SAT
    2110/2400
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by airbmx)
    Hi, I'm an International student from the U.S who's applying to Oxford, LSE, Warwick and UCL for E&M and Economics. I was wondering if my scores were up to par and what the average scores are like for a U.S applicant and if there was any advice you could give. I was also wondering if an open application was considered subpar to an direct college application for Oxford. Is it seen as indecisive. Thanks!

AP Scores: 5 on AP United States History
    5 on AP English Language and Composition
    5 on MacroEconomics(Predicted)
    5 on Gov and Politics(Predicted)
    5 on Statistics(Predicted)
    SAT Subject
    750/800 for Math Level 2
    ACT
    34/36
    SAT
    2110/2400
    Open application is not regarded as better or worse than a direct application at all.:nah:

The college admissions system is designed so that there is no way you can be more or less likely to get an offer from Oxford University. Now there are statistics which contradict what I'm telling you, but they alternate change and fluctuate every year so believe what you will.

You could probably find average scores online.:yep: Not for US applicants though. But I'm fairly sure that where you come from is not taken account when it comes to test scores.

Hope this helps.

MR

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.