The Student Room Group

Maths work experience

Hi this is my first post so sorry in advanced if it have made any mistakes.

I know it’s only the start of the year but I am in year 12 and I’m trying to think of somewhere to do work experience. I’m hoping to do maths at uni so I’ll probably do something to do with that I just can’t think of anywhere.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.
Original post by HelloMrMagpie
Hi this is my first post so sorry in advanced if it have made any mistakes.

I know it’s only the start of the year but I am in year 12 and I’m trying to think of somewhere to do work experience. I’m hoping to do maths at uni so I’ll probably do something to do with that I just can’t think of anywhere.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

Focus on your Maths.
Original post by zetamcfc
Focus on your Maths.

The thing is, all my teachers keep on telling me how important it is to get some relevant work experience and now I'm getting worried that I wont get into Uni without.
Original post by HelloMrMagpie
The thing is, all my teachers keep on telling me how important it is to get some relevant work experience and now I'm getting worried that I wont get into Uni without.

E-mail some admission tutors at the universities you are likely to apply to. Ask them how much weight, if any they put on work experience for Maths. They will be in a better position than your teachers.
Original post by zetamcfc
E-mail some admission tutors at the universities you are likely to apply to. Ask them how much weight, if any they put on work experience for Maths. They will be in a better position than your teachers.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending