Turn on thread page Beta

Questions about dropping out watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am currently studying at university, I have been here for a month and whilst I have settled in well, the course isn't for me. At A level I got A* B C, and was allowed into my university which I needed ABB for. I have decided I want to study Geography, although here, I would need AAA to get in, which is far higher than I got, so I'm assuming that I won't be able to switch courses?!

I am therefore thinking of dropping out, reapplying and going travelling for the remainder of the year, however I have a couple of questions about reapplying. As I already have my grades of A*BC, does this mean I can't apply for university's that I need for example AAB for? As a couple of my friends got into uni with lower grades than specified by their uni, so as I am reapplying do I loose this advantage?

And secondly should I assume that most university's I apply for will view my A*BC grades as the same as ABB? As obviously no university's have the entry requirements of A*BC.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am finding it very hard to find details about my situation. Thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately this isn't really an option for me as my C grade was in History which is a subject I really struggled with and I can't imagine I will be able to be better than getting a C. Would you have thought this would be a hindrance to my application?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.