The Student Room Group

Questions about dropping out

I am currently studying at university, I have been here for a month and whilst I have settled in well, the course isn't for me. At A level I got A* B C, and was allowed into my university which I needed ABB for. I have decided I want to study Geography, although here, I would need AAA to get in, which is far higher than I got, so I'm assuming that I won't be able to switch courses?!

I am therefore thinking of dropping out, reapplying and going travelling for the remainder of the year, however I have a couple of questions about reapplying. As I already have my grades of A*BC, does this mean I can't apply for university's that I need for example AAB for? As a couple of my friends got into uni with lower grades than specified by their uni, so as I am reapplying do I loose this advantage?

And secondly should I assume that most university's I apply for will view my A*BC grades as the same as ABB? As obviously no university's have the entry requirements of A*BC.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am finding it very hard to find details about my situation. Thanks
Reply 1
Unfortunately this isn't really an option for me as my C grade was in History which is a subject I really struggled with and I can't imagine I will be able to be better than getting a C. Would you have thought this would be a hindrance to my application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending