Has anyone used UpLearn for their A Levels? Watch

insubordinate
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So, there's a website called UpLearn that I'm thinking of using for my A Level Economics revision but I haven't found much information about it. Has anyone here ever used it before? Is it any good?
username3186268
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was thinking of using the same site but for mathematics. I saw one thread where someone used it to get an A* in self teaching economics at home. I cannot find it though
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
insubordinate
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lmacwilliam)
I was thinking of using the same site but for mathematics. I saw one thread where someone used it to get an A* in self teaching economics at home. I cannot find it though
yh that's where i first heard of the site. i'm doing their 3-day free trial at the moment, it seems quite good, but i just want to be sure before i pay like 200£ for the course :curious:
Ibrahim-Rana
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey I'm thinking of using it for Biology or Chemistry next year but it seems too good to be true. If you guys go for a scholarship then it is definitely worth it though. I'll have to sell my games console and use my birthday money for the two courses, now that's determination. >.<
LuciferEQE
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
thinkecon is his name. I honestly think its some kind of scam as Uplearn was the only thing he would talk about and he works for them as well.
Ibrahim-Rana
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PhilipMcKenna)
thinkecon is his name. I honestly think its some kind of scam as Uplearn was the only thing he would talk about and he works for them as well.
Yeah I read through the entire thread and found this reply:

“I'm ngl but you genuinely seem like some kinda rep for Up Learn considering how often you're mentioning them and how a few of the links you posted are to their resources. I mean no harm in it but you ought to tell people if that's what you're trying to do as it seems shady.”

No one replied back like it was invisible lol. I will just have to try the free trial next year for biology and chemistry and see if it’s worth it.
Ibrahim-Rana
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by insubordinate)
yh that's where i first heard of the site. i'm doing their 3-day free trial at the moment, it seems quite good, but i just want to be sure before i pay like 200£ for the course :curious:
Hey so did you pay for it? Was it worth it in the end I need to know if it’s worth saving for lol
insubordinate
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ibrahim-Rana)
Hey so did you pay for it? Was it worth it in the end I need to know if it’s worth saving for lol
didn't go for it in the end but I do think it's legit. the 3-day trial was actually quite good and they have this guarantee where if you don't get an A/A* you get a refund for the course 🤔

try the free trial and see for yourself if you think it's worth it tbh
insubordinate
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhilipMcKenna)
yh I saw that post too, it seemed like he was just advertising uplearn

i don't think it's a scam but i do think the prices are a bit high which is what put me off
ian765434
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I've just started using up learn for maths the tutorials are clear and concise; the tests start off with straightforward questions but get progressively harder.

I have only used them for a week but its easter sunday 19:30pm and I've been messaged by the lead maths tutor to see if i needed any help and the IT guy about some minor bugs I reported. tbh I'm impressed so far.
insubordinate
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
hey just a quick update: ended up using uplearn for economics a level, would highly recommend if you're struggling with the subject.
I was self teaching and managed to get a B (this was despite not even finishing the course lol) which I definitely wouldn't have been able to achieve if left to my own devices. it is expensive though, I think I paid 350£
Leomat
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi I am taking A level maths and A level physics and I found uplearn people say it really on good on trust pilot I am struggling with physics like I don’t understand anything the information doesn’t go into my head and I feel I am a stupid person that I don’t understand anything and my parents they don’t trust this website.
insubordinate
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Leomat)
Hi I am taking A level maths and A level physics and I found uplearn people say it really on good on trust pilot I am struggling with physics like I don’t understand anything the information doesn’t go into my head and I feel I am a stupid person that I don’t understand anything and my parents they don’t trust this website.
hey I used uplearn for economics last year and they're pretty good! I would honestly recommend them if you're having trouble with physics
jadedlad
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Has there been any case were someone actually got refunded for getting a B or lower? If they do that then its has to be legit.. right?
Leomat
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Are you taking physics?
isiaiah d
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by jadedlad)
Has there been any case were someone actually got refunded for getting a B or lower? If they do that then its has to be legit.. right?

There's alot of content you have to do to get the money back (you have to complete the course). A friend of mine got it mid/early year 13 and was getting U/D's. He didn't complete the course but ended up getting an A from it anyway. Im pretty sure it's legit
jadedlad
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by isiaiah d)
There's alot of content you have to do to get the money back (you have to complete the course). A friend of mine got it mid/early year 13 and was getting U/D's. He didn't complete the course but ended up getting an A from it anyway. Im pretty sure it's legit
Howcome he didnt omplete the course, plus supposedly it only does microeconomics?Though it still seems too good to be true, I reckon ill give it a go
jadedlad
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Leomat)
Are you taking physics?
No, economics, history and geography
isiaiah d
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by jadedlad)
Howcome he didnt omplete the course, plus supposedly it only does microeconomics?Though it still seems too good to be true, I reckon ill give it a go
yeah, theres a free trail I spammed for physics that was useful.

The full course is really long for economics so he never had the time but he did a big chunk of them all. They have macro and micro as far as I remember, maybe only micro on the free trail, you can always ask them
jadedlad
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by isiaiah d)
yeah, theres a free trail I spammed for physics that was useful.

The full course is really long for economics so he never had the time but he did a big chunk of them all. They have macro and micro as far as I remember, maybe only micro on the free trail, you can always ask them
Yeah, just asked and they have both micro and macro for year 1 and 2.. this could be a life saver cus im horrible at studying effectivley
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.28%
I used to but I don't now (18)
2.44%
No, but I want to start (276)
37.45%
No, I am unable to (177)
24.02%
No, I chose not to (205)
27.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise