Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anne Marie Water's new party is to Undermine UKIP Watch

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os5KB5E3evw

Interesting points.

ReputationRep:
    Like it matters

ReputationRep:
    People who leave political parties shortly after failing to win the leadership election are almost always either egomaniacs or state agents.

ReputationRep:
    She’s a lunatic. Her conflation of Islam with Islamism is highly unhelpful. She offers no real solutions to tackling terrorism or aiding integration. Only nutjobs would vote for her.

ReputationRep:
    I know UKIP have been smeared by the media as rascist and stupid, but in reality they really aren't. The policies (up until 2016 when they started choosing to become irrelevant) were generally common sense and the membership were far more socially diverse than any other party and, excluding a small number, very hard working and decent people.

AMW was totally different. Wanting to ban mosques and calling a religion followed by billions 'evil' is not libertarian or tolerant but an EDL type position and thank goodness her attempted infiltration of the party failed to get her elected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatter_2)
    I know UKIP have been smeared by the media as rascist and stupid, but in reality they really aren't. The policies (up until 2016 when they started choosing to become irrelevant) were generally common sense and the membership were far more socially diverse than any other party and, excluding a small number, very hard working and decent people.
    UKIP had more black, Asian, and Muslim members than the pro-multicultural open doors immigration Green party which is nearly as white and British as the BNP or Britain First.

ReputationRep:

AMW was totally different. Wanting to ban mosques and calling a religion followed by billions 'evil' is not libertarian or tolerant but an EDL type position and thank goodness her attempted infiltration of the party failed to get her elected.
    This video is very telling about how agents are operating inside UKIP:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arran90)
    UKIP had more black, Asian, and Muslim members than the pro-multicultural open doors immigration Green party which is nearly as white and British as the BNP or Britain First.
    Just goes to show, doesn't it, how the Blairite mission to 'rub the right's noses in diversity' was racist and flawed, because people who are immigrants or have a different ethnicity face the same problems and can think the same as everyone can.

ReputationRep:
    Just goes to show, doesn't it, how the Blairite mission to 'rub the right's noses in diversity' was racist and flawed, because people who are immigrants or have a different ethnicity face the same problems and can think the same as everyone can.
    I have grilled the local Green Party over their lack of black, Asian, and Muslim members but they can't come up with any intelligent answers why the party does not appeal to such people. What I have picked up is that the Greens have a very black and white vision but cannot see differences between and differences in interest between different ethnic groups and religions. They just lump anybody who is not white and European under BAME.

The same 'white as the BNP' phenomenon also affects far left outfits which leaves Labour as the only organisation of the left with any significant support from
    blacks, Asians, and Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arran90)
    What I have picked up is that the Greens have a very black and white vision
    You have hit the nail on the head. The major parties are coalitions of different interests. The minor parties generally reflect a single viewpoint and if that viewpoint isn't shared or is just not of major importance to some group in society, they won't get involved with it.

The small businessman or Indian origin who joins the Conservative Party probably barely has a view on foxhunting but the Conservative party speaks to him about red-tape and self-reliance. The nurse of West Indian origin who joins the Labour Party is probably worried about the NHS not the government of Venezuela.

You won't really join UKIP and say "I don't really have strong views about Europe" or join the Greens and say "I think we should preserve the environment but economic growth is more important"

Wanting to ban mosques and calling a religion followed by billions 'evil' is not libertarian or tolerant but an EDL type position and thank goodness her attempted infiltration of the party failed to get her elected.
      Since when was popularity of an ideology the basis of whether or not it is evil?

Billions of people are avid consumerists. There was a time when Nazism was followed by 100 million Europeans, while simultaneously white supremacy was followed by the other billion whites.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mathemagicien)
      Since when was popularity of an ideology the basis of whether or not it is evil?

Billions of people are avid consumerists. There was a time when Nazism was followed by 100 million Europeans, while simultaneously white supremacy was followed by the other billion whites.
      Ok, the quran and teachings of certain sects of Islam have some very unpleasant ideas within them. But so does Christianity and Judaism if you take things literally.

The point is all followers interpret the principles as they believe, not take every letter as law (which would be impossible with so many contradictions). Most integrated Muslims in the UK are better people because of their religion (for example look at the commitment shown during Ramadan) and to try to stop them is wrong.

And are you seriously saying all white people were either Nazis or white supremacists!

Ok, the quran and teachings of certain sects of Islam have some very unpleasant ideas within them. But so does Christianity and Judaism if you take things literally.
        Those are arguments against Christianity and Judaism, not an excuse for Islam.

The point is all followers interpret the principles as they believe, not take every letter as law (which would be impossible with so many contradictions). Most integrated Muslims in the UK are better people because of their religion (for example look at the commitment shown during Ramadan) and to try to stop them is wrong.
        The idea that people are better people because of their religions is nonsense. Plenty of studies show the opposite - that religious people are less generous and more punative than their kuffir peers.

And are you seriously saying all white people were either Nazis or white supremacists!
        So you don't think Nazism/white supremacy is an evil ideology?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Mathemagicien)
        So you don't think Nazism/white supremacy is an evil ideology?
        Of course I do. I don't think everyone in the 40s was a supporter as one of them, as you appeared to suggest.

ReputationRep:
        They'll get at least one seat in the next election.

She speaks out about things that people tiptoe around too much.

Good luck to her and her party.

Of course I do. I don't think everyone in the 40s was a supporter as one of them, as you appeared to suggest.
          It was common for white US soldiers to go round and beat up black US soldiers. Most Brits weren't in contact with non-whites, but when they were, they often beat them up too (e.g. Indians). Churchill himself said he didn't see any wrong in the "superior" white race "replacing" the "savages" in Africa, and didn't understand why people were so timid about gassing them all.

Yes, white supremacy was the mainstream back in the early 20th century, and by your argument, is therefore absolutely fine.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by nulli tertius)
          You have hit the nail on the head. The major parties are coalitions of different interests. The minor parties generally reflect a single viewpoint and if that viewpoint isn't shared or is just not of major importance to some group in society, they won't get involved with it.

The small businessman or Indian origin who joins the Conservative Party probably barely has a view on foxhunting but the Conservative party speaks to him about red-tape and self-reliance. The nurse of West Indian origin who joins the Labour Party is probably worried about the NHS not the government of Venezuela.

You won't really join UKIP and say "I don't really have strong views about Europe" or join the Greens and say "I think we should preserve the environment but economic growth is more important"
          The Greens are perceived to be and presented by the mainstream media as being a largely single issue party for environmental interests. The reality is that they are a multi-issue party with a rafter of policies as diverse as those from both Labour and the Conservatives. There are large numbers of people who support the Green party because of non-environmental policies rather than the environment.

Some Muslims have told me that although the Green Party has many flaws and dubious policies, they are a much better choice than Labour is because they will not go to war in the Middle East or Afghanistan; they will end the Special Relationship with the US; they will not act as slaves to Israel or the Zionist lobby; and their economic policies are both to the left of Labour and more visionary. Despite these policies the Greens don't even register on the radar of 99.9% of Muslims at election time.

Submit reply
        TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 13, 2017
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        What newspaper do you read/prefer?
        Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.