Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got a D, but I don't really want to put it on my application. I'm not resitting it and I don't want to certify it, so can I just ignore it?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I don't think so. My friend got the same grade and dropped it. She still has to put it

It's still 8 ucas points ?

ReputationRep:
    You have to put every certificated exam on your UCAS application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rangzii)
    I got a D, but I don't really want to put it on my application. I'm not resitting it and I don't want to certify it, so can I just ignore it?
    Is this a new AS, or a old one?

ReputationRep:
    You have to declare all your AS/A level exams on UCAS.
    But if you aren't doing anything maths related, then I doubt it would affect your application.

ReputationRep:
    If I remember correctly, you have to put all your exam certifications, including all GCSE and AS Levels. I don't remember if you could put individual modules on it as well, if so it may be useful if you did particularly bad on one module that dragged your grade down, for instance if a U in C2 dragged Bs in C1 and S1. Also, as long as you are not doing it in A2 or resitting it, I presume it's not a course that requires Maths or they would focus on, so as long as your other 3 AS results are good enough and you've got a good PS should be fine I think. You have to put it if I remember though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
    It was unreformed modular, so C1 C2 M1 etc.

ReputationRep:
    It was unreformed modular, so C1 C2 M1 etc.
    What does your results sheet say? If it has an overall grade for AS maths you need to declare it.

ReputationRep:
    What does your results sheet say? If it has an overall grade for AS maths you need to declare it.
    I received a piece of paper with 3 letter grades on (C B E) but no certificate

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter. If it's an external qualification from the official exam board they'll have to declare it.

ReputationRep:
    If this is the old spec Maths where your AS counts then yes you have to declare all of your results, even if it was a U.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure how to proceed with that, :sorry:

ReputationRep:
    My school told me I got a D overall but I have no piece of paper other than the results from the envelope with the 3 grades on

ReputationRep:
    If it's not cashed-in, i.e your school has not claimed the overall grade, then you don't have to declare it. Check with your exams officer whether you were cashed-in or not.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    That sounds like it wasn't cashed in/certified. In which case it isn't an official qualification and must NOT be listed on your UCAS application.

Double check with your exams officer as Compost says .

Remember though if it isn't cashed in then it will look odd if you start talking about your maths skills/knowledge in your PS.

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.