Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Applying for 2 slightly university courses Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am basically applying for a Business and ICT course at two universities, however, I cannot apply for other universities that offer this course as they need a B in maths but I only got a C in maths GCSE (and I've been to their open days but they are only accepting applicants who got a B in maths GCSE). The two universities I've applied for only need a C and my A Level predictions meet their standards (AAB).

However, I need to apply for 3 more unis and would it be okay to then apply for a business management course too? I've read into the modules I do also like the look of them too, but my primary 2 would be the business ICT ones.

If i can apply for both, how would i work around my personal statement as i've placed a large emphasis on technology in it as opposed to management.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BassBoy123)
    I am basically applying for a Business and ICT course at two universities, however, I cannot apply for other universities that offer this course as they need a B in maths but I only got a C in maths GCSE (and I've been to their open days but they are only accepting applicants who got a B in maths GCSE). The two universities I've applied for only need a C and my A Level predictions meet their standards (AAB).

However, I need to apply for 3 more unis and would it be okay to then apply for a business management course too? I've read into the modules I do also like the look of them too, but my primary 2 would be the business ICT ones.

If i can apply for both, how would i work around my personal statement as i've placed a large emphasis on technology in it as opposed to management.
    Hmm, that's a tough one, you've got good A Level predictions though. Normally, if it was one of my friends, I would suggest applying to the two you want as well as one (or two) of those courses that want the GCSE grade B (unless they've very specifically and directly stated no entry below that), because it may be worth trying your luck and trying it. I know they give offers to Predicted Grades below their requirements for A Levels a lot of the time, so I think it's worth trying.

As for a remaining option I reckon it's worth applying to one that you're very confident in getting accepted, in Bus & ICT or BusMan, because it's good to have a back-up so you don't get too nervous. I think that may be preferable to going through Clearing, IF you have to, because you're likely to go to an Open Day and get a feel of the place.

I don't know anything about writing a PS for two subjects, something I deliberated with last year, but I know people who did that so may be fine as long as it's applicable for both (i.e. although Technology is not specific to BusMan, you cannot say it is not applicable to it, as it is), I went very specific in my PS but you could try, people have done it before I think. I cannot help much on that front, sorry

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.